WnSoft Forums

Repetitive Strain Injury

rosy

It's been coming on for some time & I blame the increased time spent using my PC during the pandemic, not to say old age also. There isn't much the medical services can do apart from rest pain killers & injections, & I've looked at different mice or mouses, which ever is the plural of mouse.

Has anyone overcome the problem by changing their mouse & can let me know the model mouse they now use. At times it's very painful, to the extent of breaking my sleep. Any advice welcomed.:(

Rosy.

Hi Rosy,

My wife hates mice. The last PC she bought about 7 years ago is a HP All In One with a touchscreen. I think it's an i5. The only thing I have upgraded is to upgrade the HD to SSD. She seems to think the computer is fine for everything she does (not multimedia due to lack of dedicated GPU). You probably do not want to buy a new PC but maybe a tablet would work for your daily web browsing/email.

Tom

Hi Tom & Macian

I had thought about a graphics tablet, but wasn't sure what you can do with them. I do a lot of typing on my PC using 2 fingers & manage to use my midddle finger on my right hand, reasonably successfully, but it's using the left hand mouse button & scroll wheel that is the biggest problem. I'll take a look  at BB's tutorial & see if that would suit, but as the saying goes, "you can't teach an old dog (or Bitch) to do new tricks."

I have looked at various so called RSI mice such as tracker balls & the like, but they look like expensive gimmicks.

Thanks both for answering;)

Rosy.

I have been playing with an app that converts your ios or android device into a mousepad. It seems to work fine with my limited testing. I have it installed on a cheap Amazon Fire tablet. I think I payed 199 in Amazon coins to unlock keyboard input which I believe is $1.99. I think it might be useful to control pc from across the room.

https://www.remotemouse.net/

Tom

3 hours ago, tom95521 said:

I have been playing with an app that converts your ios or android device into a mousepad. It seems to work fine with my limited testing. I have it installed on a cheap Amazon Fire tablet. I think I payed 199 in Amazon coins to unlock keyboard input which I believe is $1.99. I think it might be useful to control pc from across the room.

https://www.remotemouse.net/

Tom

Hi Tom

Looks interesting. Couldn't find it on Amazon UK? I already have a remote mouse & keyboard that I use on my Smart TV, but the mouse is a conventional shape, two buttons & a wheel. However, it only works on certain transmissions, OK on YouTube but not on BBC I Player. Still struggling with the RSI, to much going on at the moment to do anything about it.

I bought another scooter called the I Tango by Doohan, been looking at them for a while, but there are no dealers in the UK & importing from China I have to buy 5.  Importing from the EU is very expensive now we are out of the Union. (I voted to remain).  I found this one on EBay 3 years old but never used. That arrived Friday & looked great. However, when I examined the paperwork with it, It had been fraudulently registered, so we've been tooing & frooing between the seller, the DVLA & the Police. I've now raised an Ebay dispute as I can't register it for use on UK roads, watch this space, no wonder I've got RSI, the mouse & keyboard have been red hot.

Also the folding mobility scooter arrived this morning from China, it came by road via Russia. Only partly unpacked & assembled it, will get back to it tomorrow. Couple of pictures attached. Plenty of food for another Rosy Cheeks AV.

Night Night Rosy.;)

fs7.jpg

it3.jpg

it4.jpg