WnSoft Forums

How Can I Change/Update/Translate Style Text Information within a Slide Style

Xenofex2

One can easily RENAME a Style and also easily CHANGE the Style Category. But there seems to be no easy way to either add or amend any ‘guidance of the Slide Style usage’ within Text information.

Whilst it seems that one can add text/translate original text as required, it does not stay once the Style is closed?

Am I missing something?

A somewhat long way round but it seems that the only way to maybe able to achieve this is by starting a new project, immediately APPLY the Style that you wish to update the Text information for, and then after making whatever changes to Text information one wishes , Save as a New Style.

Is there another way?   

10 hours ago, goddi said:

Oh, yea. I did not notice that. I copied/pasted the translation and thought that was it and done. I see it went back to the original text, foreign language.

Gary

You can copy, translate and paste into a text editor, a text editor with a translation, put it with a style, this is sometimes much more convenient than the instructions in the style. There are complex styles, you can't change anything in them, but you can insert text into almost any style.

No I was not looking to change anything about a Style. To be honest, I just marvel at how some have been put together.

All I had hoped to do was either improve or translate the original Text information/guidance so that it is there everytime I use that particular Style. Helpful advice for me! Also, sometimes in a Forum posting there has been additional advice on Style usage and it would be nice to have that to hand and be aware of in any future use of that Style.

As pointed out by Gary so I know it is not just me, whilst one can add information in the Text Instruction Notes, close and re-open that Style and the added Notes have not been saved. Hence my posting, is there a way?

Apres avoir changé les textes en langue de votre choix il suffit d'enregistrer un nouveau fichier Pte ( exemple en Anglais ) de ce montage !

ouvrir ce nouveau montage et enregistrer en un style avec un nouveau nom !

henry

PS/Par contre c'est très long a faire ligne par ligne avec " Google " traduction !

Thankyou. Shame, I was hoping that like, say, a ‘Word’ document I could save any text changes without changing the file name, but it seems as what I thought it might have to be, and as you say, is that after  making any text changes one then creates a completely new Style Name.

6 hours ago, henry64200 said:

Apres avoir changé les textes en langue de votre choix il suffit d'enregistrer un nouveau fichier Pte ( exemple en Anglais ) de ce montage !

ouvrir ce nouveau montage et enregistrer en un style avec un nouveau nom !

henry

PS/Par contre c'est très long a faire ligne par ligne avec " Google " traduction !

It would really be a tedious job to read the posts in this forum, if all users would write in their native languages. AFAIK, this is an English forum.