WnSoft Forums

Backup Archive in .zip (Mac to Win) [SOLVED]

Jimcamel

I created a project on my Mac M1 and tried to provide it to a Win user by creating a "Backup in .zip". 

Opening it on Win 10, all the image files were 'missing' (and appeared to reference Mac-style file names). Here is a link to the project .zip file - about 810MB - so it's a WeTransfer link that will be available till about Sept 4th.

https://we.tl/t-gJDKY9gvuc

I do recall this as a compatibility issue some months ago (and I have searched the forum for it and can't find it) - but I had thought this was resolved.

If not, what is the recommended way to share a project+image files from Mac to Win ???  August 2021.

Please see my next note about PTE on Mac/Parallels as I tried to resolve this.  Separate issue.

My colleague, Randy, is working on the Win version and he again tried to load in the project after updating to 10.5.3.  He's getting the same error as before - which is the screenshot attached.   I was able to UnZip the archive on my VM Win machine and open and inspect the PTE file with BBEDIT - and I can see those filenames embedded in [SLIDE3], [SLIDE4] .... etc

Am I doing something wrong on the Mac when I create the backup ?

Same WeTransfer download, as above, if you need it again.

image.png

Jim,

I downloaded this project (Gala PA 07 Scroll 2021-08Aug27.pte) on two PCs with Windows. PTE 10.5.3 opened this project without any problem.

I recommend to check that you run PTE 10.5.3 not the old version 10.0.14. Run manually PTE 10.5.3 from a shortcut and check the About window.

PTE 10.5.3 installs as a new product, keeping old version 10.0.14. It's possible, that file associations with .pte file were kept for PTE 10.0.14, if you open project from Explorer by double clicking on .pte project file.

• Igor changed the title to Backup Archive in .zip (Mac to Win) [SOLVED]