WnSoft Forums

PTE Win 10.5.3 or .4 in Parallels on a Mac [CLOSED]

Jimcamel

As I was trying to research how to transfer a project .zip file from my Mac M1 to a Windows user, I decided to install PTE on Windows 10 ver 1803 on my Intel MacPro 6,1 so I could play with PTE under Windows (and experiment transferring projects back-and-forth) as I no longer have any real Wintel hardware except for Parallels on my macPro.

Installation was fine - but every time I started PTE it would run for a few seconds (displaying the Activate / Continue With Trial box; then it would freeze and then about 15 seconds later it would crash and disappear.  I tried with 10.5.3 and Beta 10.5.4.  I re-installed Parallels Tools and installed Parallels 17.  I am running on Win 10 #1803 which is about 18 months old because updates to Win for me after that broke something else - so I want to stay at that level.

That being said, is there anything I can send / diagnose or whatever to assist you in figuring out why it freezes/crashes at this point.

All the rest of my apps on that Win installation are running fine on this version of Windows; Firefox is fine; internet and network access is fine.

(Yeah, I appreciate this is a very *dumb* and niche and potentially very low priority problem) - but it's the only way at present I can play with the back-and-forth.

thoughts ?

jc

• Igor changed the title to PTE Win 10.5.3 or .4 in Parallels on a Mac

Hi Jim,

We cannot guarantee a correct work of PTE AV Studio in Parallels emulation. However I know that at least several users successfully used PTE AV Studio with Parallels and Windows on Mac.

Try the following in your virtual machine with Windows. It enables alternate 3D renderer for PTE AV Studio:

1. Create a new shortcut for PTE AV Studio on the desktop. Or simply reinstall the app.

2. Click right mouse button on the shortcut and call Properties window.

Add -alternate3d after the last quote in the field of program file name

For example, on my PC it looks as:

"C:\Program Files\WnSoft\PTE AV Studio 10.5\Main\PTEAVStudio.exe" -alternate3d

3. Run PTE AV Studio 10.5

Igor - thanks for that.  Didn't seem to make a difference.  I also updated my VM to the most recent level I could, which is Win 10 PRO 20H2 - and no improvement after trying it a bunch of different ways.  It might even be conflicting with something I, alone, have in my Parallels. 

But let's mark this as CLOSED.  It's such a niche situation - and it's only because I don't have a real Win machine to do some testing for my colleague - so I wouldn't want you to spend any more time on it.

However, see my other issue which is continuing to cause us a problem.

thanks, jc

• Igor changed the title to PTE Win 10.5.3 or .4 in Parallels on a Mac [CLOSED]