WnSoft Forums

Mac/Win versions....

goddi

Greetings,

I am confused a bit about the pricing.  I am trying to convince a friend to try the program who uses the Mac. The PTE site says 'For Windows and Mac. Pro versions includes advanced features', for $149.

This is probably a silly question but should I interpret it as 'Windows Pro or Mac Pro' versions? The $149 Pro version is only a Win version or a Mac version? It is not one version that does both, Win and Mac? :wacko:

Gary

your friend will need to download the Mac version.
Only the Pro version is available for Mac.

The Windows version is available in both studio & Pro versions.

The PTE Project file .pte is cross compatible so can easily be transfered between Mac & Windows.

Jill

Greetings,

Thanks. I am already a long-time user. But if I were going to purchase PTE Pro version for the first time, I think it is a bit confusing.

I think it would be clearer if it stated: "For Windows or Mac", or have the 'Buy Now' link specifically for each Pro version, Win and Mac.

And, when you go to the 'Buy Now' page, you put in all the purchase info, but it does not ask which version you are getting, Win or Mac, before you click on 'Submit Order'.

Perhaps it is one file for both, and you chose which one at installation? Just confusing at this point. Maybe it is only me? Just trying to help my friend understand the purchasing steps.

Later, on the 'Download' page, it does not indicate if it is the Pro version or not.

Gary

Gary, as the price is the same for both Mac & Windows you do not need two separate 'Buy Now' links.

I would think it will be at the download stage when you chose Mac or Windows.

As only the Pro version is available for Mac it doesn't need to say.

Jill

Jill,

I understand that now. But if you are new to PTE, the way it is shown on the 'Buy Now' page is not really clear. It can be presented in a better way. If I were new and wanting to purchase the program, I would hesitate a bit when I put in my purchase info but have not been able to select the Win Pro version or the Mac Pro version prior to hitting the 'Submit' key. The Billing Information page only shows 'PTE AV Studio 10.5 Pro'. They should add something like, ' Choose Win Pro version or Mac Pro version after you Submit Order', so you know that you will be able to make that selection for which version you want.

This does not affect me but I think it can just be made more clear. I know it would bother me if I had to go through this process as a new purchaser.

Gary

1 hour ago, goddi said:

Jill,

I understand that now. But if you are new to PTE, the way it is shown on the 'Buy Now' page is not really clear. It can be presented in a better way. If I were new and wanting to purchase the program, I would hesitate a bit when I put in my purchase info but have not been able to select the Win Pro version or the Mac Pro version prior to hitting the 'Submit' key. The Billing Information page only shows 'PTE AV Studio 10.5 Pro'. They should add something like, ' Choose Win Pro version or Mac Pro version after you Submit Order', so you know that you will be able to make that selection for which version you want.

This does not affect me but I think it can just be made more clear. I know it would bother me if I had to go through this process as a new purchaser.

Gary

+1

I think of it this way:

You are buying a LICENSE to use the product.

You have two options, Standard and Pro. It does not matter whether you are a Windows user or a Mac user albeit that if you buy a Standard license it will not work with the Mac version.

The same (Pro) license will allow you to install the product on BOTH Windows and Mac systems. You do not have to buy separate or different licenses for Windows and Mac.

Check out the comparison chart, it tells you all that you need to know.

DG

P.S. I think that it is just you, Gary :)

1 hour ago, davegee said:

I think of it this way:

You are buying a LICENSE to use the product.

You have two options, Standard and Pro. It does not matter whether you are a Windows user or a Mac user albeit that if you buy a Standard license it will not work with the Mac version.

The same (Pro) license will allow you to install the product on BOTH Windows and Mac systems. You do not have to buy separate or different licenses for Windows and Mac.

Check out the comparison chart, it tells you all that you need to know.

DG

P.S. I think that it is just you, Gary :)

Greetings,

All that is good info, but if you are brand new to the PTE site, it is not clear. You have to look at it from a standpoint of someone who has never purchased PTE before. We agree to disagree.:)

Gary

Greetings,

So I understand the process, after you submit your payment info, you download only one file. With this one file, you can choose to install a Win version or a Mac version, or both?

This is what is not clear on the billing page.

Gary

Greetings,

Seems difficult to get an answer to my question. I see on the purchasing page it says "You will receive an email with a download link and license key immediately after your purchase."

Ok...I understand you buy a license key. But...when you receive the email with a download link and license key, is the link for the Windows version or the Mac version? Where do you choose which version you want? Just want to know the steps involved to get the right version I'd want.

Gary

I think most people will have already downloaded the Free Trial version before they buy.
You then purchace the Key & just insert it into the Free trial version.

When you download the Trial it clearly asks you which version you want, Windows or Mac.

The Windows version allows you to switch between Studio & Pro to decide which you want.

It is all straightforward & similar to other products that you would download.

I think you are trying to make it a lot more complicated than it is Gary.

Jill

If you know the answer, then it is not complicated. If you don't, then, you ask. All I wanted to know is when do you download the Win version vs. the Mac version. Since it is not indicated on the Buy Now link or before you click on the Submit Order with your Visa info, it is not clear. I was just curious since a friend might want to purchase it for his Mac.

Yes, I see on the Download page, it give you the choice between the two versions, but not on the Buy Now page. Needs to be clarified.

Case closed...

Gary

It seems very clear from the discussions that the buying process for some can be unclear! 

Rather than prolonging this discussion by trying to justify the current procedure, wouldn’t a simple bit of editing on the billing page, on the lines suggested by Gary, resolve the lack of clarity. 

Regards

wideangle