WnSoft Forums

Why My Floating Picture Collage Keeps Freezing [SOLVED]

Lynnae

I just finished creating a slideshow. I was using RAW pictures that I took off of my Dad's camera. The picture size is 6048 x 4024. I uploaded the video as an executable file for my PC. But when I viewed it, it froze every time it came to the floating picture 5 image collage. Is that picture size just insane to be using for a slideshow? Or is there something I am doing wrong with that certain style and theme?

Hi,

Floating pictures style requires fast graphics card if you create an executable show for PC or Mac. This style includes complex effects and blur effect. And also you used high resolution images.

We recommend two solutions:

A. Simply create MP4 video with HD quality and 60p mode (or create two variants - HD and 4K videos). In this case, the created video will play smooth any complex animation and effects, for any source images.

B. For executable show.

Resolution. Always optimize source images according target screen: For example, you create a show for HD and 4K screens. Max screen resolution is 3840 x 2160 and your images fully cover the screen. It means that you need to use images with a resolution around 3480 x 2160. Your original images are 6048 x 4024. You need to reduce pixel size of these images to 3840 x 2554 in Photoshop.

Image format. The best format for executable shows is JPEG. Good visual quality, small file size and PTE AV Studio can quickly extracts thumbnails for the File list, Slide list, Timeline and Mini-Player (preview). We don't recommend to add heavy PNG or TIFF images. Avoid other image formats than JPEG only for special cases and effects. For example, if you need to add an image with semi-transparency use PNG.

An executable slideshow with simple effects (without dynamic blur effect) usually play smooth on any PC manufactured during last 10 years. Heavy slideshow with complex effects, layers, masks, blur require fast PC with good graphics card. Alternate solution, as I mentioned above - create your slideshow as a MP4 video.

• Igor changed the title to Why My Floating Picture Collage Keeps Freezing [SOLVED]