WnSoft Forums

Does the Arrow Button replace the Toast?

jt49

Long time ago, there was a discussion, if the "Toast" (Preview from current position) should be a standard button or not. It isn't, but you can activate it in the toolbar settings. It has been said that we should rather use the Arrow Button at the mini player. Now, does the Arrow Button really replace the Toast? No, it doesn't. In the standard project settings, a left mouse click does not pause the show when it has been started with the Preview or the Toast; but the show pauses on mouse click if it has been started with the Arrow Button. :angry:

The other big difference is that the Toast starts with the transition in from the previous slide.

Arrows start with the slide already visible.

I never use the arrows & always right click in mini preview or will use Toast if I want to see the Transition in.

Also I never use the left mouse click to pause but always use the Spacebar which works in all modes.

We all work in different ways, so good to have options.
Jill

1 hour ago, jkb said:

The other big difference is that the Toast starts with the transition in from the previous slide.

I know this quite well. But sometime I prefer to start the local preview without showing the transition.

Normally I do not use the mouse for the pause. But presently I am working on a live presentation. The pity is that PTE does not offer speaker support as m.objects does. So, for adding asynchronous audio, I have to make use of an external audio player that is controlled from PTE using batch scripts; and for certain reasons these scripts sometimes must do automatic mouse clicks into PTE's screen window. The whole thing would be much easier for me if PTE would offer the coexistence of synchronous and asynchronous audio in an appropriate way.