WnSoft Forums

Templates,Slide Styles,Transitions - Can't Find On Mac

tc_leeds

I have a Mac with Big Sur OS and cannot find where the Templates, Slide Styles and Transitions are stored. I have looked in PTE preferences (/Users/username/Library/Application Support/PTEAVStudio/Templates) but cannot find these folders. 

If I select users/username (my name) folder there is no Library folder. In Macintosh HD there areLibrary/Application Support folders but no PTEAVStudio folder.

Can anyone advise please where to find them?

TC

Hi Ian,

i have established that path from Preferences under the Templates tab but unfortunately the path cannot be found. In Finder if I select Macintosh HD there is a Library folder that contains the folder Application Support but there is no PTEAVStudio folder in there. Likewise if I select users/myname there is no Application Support folder.

I have tried various searches in Finder but no joy anywhere. They are obviously somewhere but I haven't been able to find them yet but thanks for your response. I'm hoping someone can help. My intention was to copy all my Templates from my PC and paste them in the designated folder but can't do that until I find out where it is!

TC

Hi Ian,

i have established that path from Preferences under the Templates tab but unfortunately the path cannot be found. In Finder if I select Macintosh HD there is a Library folder that contains the folder Application Support but there is no PTEAVStudio folder in there. Likewise if I select users/myname there is no Application Support folder.

I have tried various searches in Finder but no joy anywhere. They are obviously somewhere but I haven't been able to find them yet but thanks for your response. I'm hoping someone can help. My intention was to copy all my Templates from my PC and paste them in the designated folder but can't do that until I find out where it is!

TC

15 minutes ago, jkb said:

Hi Tony,

I am sure you are aware that in Windows there are hidden files and folders, which can't be seen unless you turn them on. 

Is there something similar in Mac?

Jill

Hi Jill,

Many thanks for your input. Yes I am aware of hidden files in Windows but not sure if they are there on Mac. The problem so far is that the Folders don't appear in the order as designated in Preferences/Templates. The files are obviously there somewhere but I am not as knowledgable with the Mac filing system as I am with Windows.

33 minutes ago, jkb said:

Hi Tony,

I am sure you are aware that in Windows there are hidden files and folders, which can't be seen unless you turn them on. 

Is there something similar in Mac?

Jill

Hi Jill,

I have just checked on how to access hidden files and folders on Mac operating system and they can be found by pressing CMD+SHIFT+. and lo and behold up come all the hidden folders and there I found what I was looking for. Result.

We learn something every day.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and input. Long live the Forum!

TC

You appear to have gone from "Mac HD" to "Library" which is not going to get to where you want. There are several different Library files in Mac OS.

You must go via:

Mac HD/Users/your name/Library/Application Support/PTEAVStudio/Styles and Transitions

where you will also find Templates.

Library path.jpg

Hi Ian,

I was using the correct path from Macintosh HD to Users to User Name at which point there was no Library Folder. The problem was that the only folders that were showing under Macintosh HD were Applications - Library - System - Users  and everything else shown in your image was hidden. I have now used the CMD+SHIFT+. shortcut and that reveals all of the hidden folders. It was only then the required folders became available. Perhaps it was different on an earlier version of the Mac Operating System.

1529460488_Screenshot2021-09-07at14_39_19.thumb.png.2c876a0416261fb3538e280d561360cb.png

The image shows the folder Macintosh HD/users/tonycollinson and as you can see there is no Library folder and hence my original problem. By pressing CMD+SHIFT+. revealed all the hidden folders of which one was Library and it was all plain sailing from there. Hope that all makes sense. Thanks for your input though it's always good to know there are folk out there who can offer some light.

TC