WnSoft Forums

PTE Tab on my desktop

rosy

Hi Rosy,

Maybe someone else has been playing games on your PC? If you did not install a game booster program it might be malware. Do you have malwarebytes or other anti virus software installed. If so do a manual scan. You should have Microsoft Defender if nothing else.

Do any of these look familiar?

https://www.techpout.com/best-game-boosters-and-optimizers-for-windows/

Tom

I noticed it says Bullguard. I guess it is security AND game optimizer?

https://www.bullguard.com/

https://www.bullguard.com/blog/2018/08/bullguard-game-booster-the-choice-for-lightning-fast,-secure-gaming

The good news is that it looks like it's easy to disable game booster and keep your AV enabled.

https://www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-desktop-protection/guides-for-current-version/game-booster/game-booster-settings.aspx

Tom

Hi Michael & Tom

Michael sounds like it's not a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom it isn't affecting anything I'm doing in PTE as far as I know, it only appears when I come out of PTE & into my desktop. So at the moment I'll work on the priciple of "if it aint broke don't fix it.. The only thing I have noticed in PTE is when I click the toaster part way through the show, it seems to take longer for the show to run full screen. It is a big show though, over 700MB in MP4 & 123mb optimised exe? Maybe when the CPU's loaded it triggers Bullguard? It only appears on the desktop, so there's no hassle at present.

Cheers Rosy

Tom Just checked the link & yes it's easy to disable it. Next time I'm in PTE I'll try it both ways see if it makes a difference. Maybe it's a form of parental control?

Rosy

Hi Rosy

If you double click your Bullguard icon on your desktop, the Bullguard control panel should appear, showing all the modules available. One of those is the Game Booster and you will see the option to disable it.

It’s worth taking note of all the other modules which are in that control panel if you need to adjust any other settings in future. 

Regards

wideangle

Thanks Wideangle

However, I'm still not sure what Game Booster does, I don't want to disrupt somethg that should be left as it is. Bit busy at the moment, but I'll check with Bullguard when I get a minute & post what they say.

Regards Rosy.

Had to check before I went to bed, Bullguard says "PC tune up  Games Booster" Protects your gaming experience from framerate drop outs caused by other programmes.:o

As I understand it, when you play the sort of games (which I don’t) that require a lot of processing power, game booster makes sure that the game speed is not hindered by other programs running on your computer. 
If you don’t play those sort of games then you could disable game booster. That’s what I have done on mine. 

Regards

wideangle. 

1 hour ago, wideangle said:

As I understand it, when you play the sort of games (which I don’t) that require a lot of processing power, game booster makes sure that the game speed is not hindered by other programs running on your computer. 
If you don’t play those sort of games then you could disable game booster. That’s what I have done on mine. 

Regards

wideangle. 

Hi Wideangle. I use a lot of video in my PTE shows, I'm not sure if switching it off would have a detremental effect?