WnSoft Forums

Add audio file at specific spot on timeline

goddi

Greetings,

I think I have done this before but can't figure it out at the moment. I'm working on a long project that has its own audio track. When I add it to a Track, I want it to drop in at a specific already determined spot on the Timeline, not at the beginning where it usually defaults to. I can't figure out how to do it. It drops in and I have to then move it to where I want it to start.

Any hints....

Thanks... Gary

In Timeline view, position the play head at the point you want.
Then as you drag & drop an audio clip, you will see a red line appear.

Position the red line next to the play bar & it will drop at that point.

You may need to expand the Timeline up to get near, you can always fine tune it afterwards.

Jill

Greetings,

Oh...so easy. I was just adding the audio files through the Project Options/Audio menu. Dang...would have saved me a lot of time if I had remembered this. I searched the Help but not easy to find something that you are not sure what it is.:wacko:

Thanks for reminding me of this step.

Gary

Dave,

Yea...could not think of the 'drag and drop' words when I was searching for it, because I did not remember that you could do it.:rolleyes:

Hard to keep up with all the different ways to do things. But great program...and thanks for the link to the Help.

Gary