WnSoft Forums

A Bounce

wideangle

Hi

I need an image to drop down from the top of the screen to the bottom, and have a bouncing effect just like a ball, before it comes to rest.
It can be a transition or a style.

My attempts so far have not looked very smooth or natural like a ball, and one I found offered previously seemed to have a similar problem.

Any offering will be gratefully received if you fancy a little project.

Many thanks.

Regards

wideangle

20 minutes ago, wideangle said:

Thanks dave.

That's the sort of thing. I was just trying to add more smaller and faster bounces at the end, but couldn't seem to get a natural looking result with the timing..

Regards

wideangle

Just add the KF closer together as you go along - decrease the amount (amplitude) of Jump Modifier to reduce the height. The modifier is added to the first KF of a pair.

DG

Denisb

I was looking for a vertical bounce which decreases and then stops, but I want it to look like the natural bounce of a ball in speed.

Dave

That's exactly what I'd tried to do. I added more KF closer together and got a bouncing effect which decreased then stopped, but it just looked wrong. I couldn't manage to produce the natural movement of a bouncing ball. I couldn't figure out sensible heights and speeds of the sequence of bounces.

After several attempts I gave up - I'm off outside now to play with a ball!

Regards

wideangle