WnSoft Forums

Parent and Child Function for Text

mashab2254

Hello,

I can use the Parent and child function with images to create that special effect within my presentations. However when I use the highlight the "parent" ( say Text1) and want to lock several other text statements (say Text2, Text3, ... Textn) I loss the parent (Text1) and the new Text is an object by itself. I want the ability to use the Parent/Child features to trap the text as one. Reason for several texts is mainly due to font type, style (bold, italics) and size. In particular to be able to use a quote and reference the author in the overall text. Currently I'm locking all the Text objects through Key Frames and copying the various functions such as panning, rotating, opacity, etc. This can be time consuming, especially when correcting animation errors.

Question. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thank you for your replies. Bruce (Australia)

Text objects are not well suited for having child objects. The position of a child object (with fixed coordinates) depends on the aspect ratio of its parent. The aspect ratio of a text object typically changes if you change the text, or the font, or the line spacing. I think that this is the reason why PTE does not allow child objects of text objects. My recommendation: Build up a hierarchy of transparent frames and add texts object at appropriate positions.

Thank you JT for your reply. The use of transparent frames has been considered, though I'm having some difficulties in assembling the text idea. Guess I'm having a head to application blockage, I'm missing something. Using my original text assembly was, at the time, quicker but more cumbersome. I'm looking for an easily way to do the job. My query did come from a production deadline situation. Now that the project has been completed I'll have more time to explore your suggestions. One item I didn't mention was that the text was to scroll similar to the the Star Wars' effect.

Regards, Bruce