WnSoft Forums

Animation tools

Mike2003

I have a project I am working on where I am looking into  animating  a lot of objects >200 in one frame. Each object would have a unique start and finish cordinate. Animating this number of pobjects via the standard animation window is a very long task and I wondered if anyone had built any (or knew of any) tools that might simplify this task, if not I'll  go to  Plan B!

Eureka. Many thanks for such a prompt answer.  I now I have a way forward!  I've been using P2e for over 10 years and didn't know you could  do that cut, paste and edit trick with a spreadsheet and p2e objects. PS I've just tried this using LibreOffice Calc and its works OK should anyone be interested.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:56 PM, Jean-Cyprien said:

In the O&A window, an object (image, frame ...) can be copied and pasted into a spreadsheet (EXCEL for example). Once modified in this spreadsheet, the new file can be copied and pasted in the O&A window.

Jean-Cyprien, Mike2003, Very interesting and necessary! But it is not clear how it works. Could you show by example or do a lesson with an example. Thanks in advance!

52 minutes ago, Jean-Cyprien said:

Tutorial very quickly executed.

Thanks Jean-Cyprien

I knew I could copy & Paste the whole PTE file and amend in excel, but never realised I could do it for 1 Object and copy & paste directly from O&A.

This could be very useful

Even after using PTE for many years you learn something new all the time  :)

Jill

Hi all

With excel and macros, it is possible to automate many things, mainly in large projects. For example, modify the duration of a large group of slides by a certain amount or percentage, without having to do it one by one or the batch adjustment of any PTE variable.

MUR

"Twists, unwinding and winding of the lace require a spreadsheet to be done quickly"

"With excel and macros, it is possible to automate many things,..."

Very nice to know.

Is it possible to put the "HOW" in the Help wiki?  

It might interest other users and expand their knowledge.

Moreover, it is again an additional advantage for the extensive possibilities of PTE.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I am very interested in knowing how to modify slide durations by a percentage using excel.  I saw a zip file mentioned in another thread that is unavailable (timechanges-5.zip).  I frequently used the sync feature in PSP to,sync using existing percentages and am disappointed this feature is not available in PTE AV studio.  I have many slides with multiple images that naturally need a longer duration than ones with a single image.  Syncing whereby all durations end up the same just doesn’t work for me.  Any suggestions would really be appreciated