WnSoft Forums

exe trouble with Mac version [SOLVED]

romeojohn

I have trouble with the exe files playing on Windows from slide shows created in my Mac version of AV studio, version 10.5.3 AVstudio creates exe zip files and when I unzip I get an exe file and the mac version pteav, this generally plays fine on my Mac but the exe file is hit and miss in Windows, (mainly miss)

Can anyone throw any light on this?

I have now solved the issue, but what the problem was as follows, I have the Mac version of AVStudio and I needed to create an .exe version to play on a windows PC so I used the "safe Executable for PC" and this creates a zip file, When unzipped it reveals 2 files,  an .exe of about 14mb and a pteav file of the size according to the AV content.

I thought that the .exe file was to play on a windows PC and the .pteav file was for a Mac.
I have since discovered that BOTH the .exe AND the .pteav files must be in the same folder in order to run on a win PC, I was just trying to run the .exe file without access to the .pteav so my problem solved.
Just a suggestion though that this is not made known when publishing the AV so a few words to that effect in the 'Publish' panel would be of help, what it says now is "Exe file in zip with a digital signature" which is not at all creating to me what this means.

Hope this is clear to you

• Igor changed the title to exe trouble with Mac version [SOLVED]