WnSoft Forums

Convert-Batch-not working as expected

goddi

Greetings,

I have a few dozen video clips I want to Convert. I can highlight a group of them and select Convert.

The problem is that after it has Converted a clip, I have to click on Close to close the progress window and to get it to go to the next video clip. But then, the Convert wants to re-convert the same clip...filename.converted (2).mp4. I have to click Cancel a couple times for it to go to the next video clip to Convert.

Would be nice if it just did the Batch Convert without stopping to Close the progress window and then went to the next video clip without trying to make a second copy of the same video clip.

ConvertBatch.thumb.jpg.60c4656fb84ea10f21dca3be40919068.jpg

Gary

Gary,

Honestly, we didn't plan a batch converter at all. It was designed to convert a single video file.

Multiple video file cause many questions and problems. Different resolutions and aspect ratio, Trim feature may work incorrectly. In fact, it's not ready for version 10.5.

Probably it can be improved in future version.

15 minutes ago, jkb said:

just wondering why you would need to use the convert option now as PTE10.5 can play any video files

Jill

Greetings Jill,

It really is not a matter of PTE's ability of playing the video files. I want the final show to not be too large for posting or for downloading. The Convert process has a good effect of reducing the size of a show, especially if you have many video clips. And, I don't see any quality reductions. Being able to 'batch' convert would be helpful instead of having to do it one-by-one. But at least now, Igor might be able to make such an improvement in the future.

Gary

Hi Gary,

If you make a final MP4 then the file is not that big & it doesn't matter how many or how large the original video files are.
I often find that I will need to use several short clips from one video file.
I just put them into PTE & trim as needed for each one.
This way you are only using a video file once rather than having many seperate clips.

But it all depends on how you work.

Jill

Greeting Igor,

Another improvement with Convert/Trim process is to be able to Trim an already converted video clip without having it go through the convert process and adding another '.converted' to the filename. Doing a second 'Convert' does lower the bitrate a bit. Would be nice to have Trim as a separate process.

Gary

On 10/21/2021 at 10:32 AM, jkb said:

Hi Gary,

If you make a final MP4 then the file is not that big & it doesn't matter how many or how large the original video files are.
I often find that I will need to use several short clips from one video file.
I just put them into PTE & trim as needed for each one.
This way you are only using a video file once rather than having many separate clips.

But it all depends on how you work.

Jill

Greetings Jill,

At first, I was not too sure if I understood your comment. But it seems that you might think all the clips came from an individual long video file and each trimmed out of it. Each clip is a separate short video clip that had been taken. I understand your comment if I had a single long video file.

Thanks... Gary