WnSoft Forums

New AV's wont play on a WinXP laptop [SOLVED]

Mike2003

A friend has some AV's produced on V10.xxx but the AV's wont play on his elderly WinXP laptop, although AV's he created some years ago - way before V10 still play. The error message he gets when trying to run the latest .exe files is  - 'This is not a a valid W32 application'. I am assuming this is because his latest AV's, made in V10, are not compatible with Win XP(32bit) . I did suggest he needs a new laptop! Notwithstanding my suggestion might there be some other explanations that may help?

Hi Mike,

PTE AV Studio 10 and 10.5 create only 64-bit executable shows for Windows 7/8/10/11. 

Windows XP (it's 32-bit OS) is not supported anymore. 

Consider two solutions for an old computer:

A. Create a MP4 video file with HD or 4K quality. (Recommended)

B. Or install an old version 9.0.22:
https://files.wnsoft.com/picturestoexe/previous-versions/picturestoexe-setup-9022.exe

Activate it with your existing license key (10.x). When you install this version, untick an option "Associate with .pte project files" to keep project files associated with the latest version 10.5.

Open your project in v9.0.22 and build an EXE file for an old PC with Windows XP.

• Igor changed the title to New AV's wont play on a WinXP laptop [SOLVED]