WnSoft Forums

Slide with Zoom Transition

tom95521

Probably created many times before by others but I was playing around with another video editor that had this type of transition and I thought it would be easy to produce in PTE. I might add other pan directions and a circular version in the future. Feel free to improve and repost if you wish.

Tom

Slide with Zoom.pteeff

Thanks everyone. I don't know why my previous version size is 5 MB. Probably because I pasted in the slides from the object editor for reference and then deleted them (but they were not really deleted?).

Here is another version with 4 directions. I like the up arrow version because it kind of looks like a waterfall.

Thanks,
Tom

Slide with Zoom.pteeff

Thanks. I have made another change with the mask starting at the correct time, 400 mSec for a 500% zoom factor (1/5 of 2 sec) to make the speed linear. I think I was testing speed modifiers and I forgot to reset. On to other projects now.

Tom

Slide with Zoom.pteeff

I am not sure how to create a format independent version of a transition. I tried aspect crop but the mask is set to 1920x1080. I guess I could create versions for different aspect ratios? I sometimes post ideas before they are finalized like I did for this transition. Anyone can improve on my work and post to the forum.  I am always learning something new.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

You can create versions for different formats and specify "Use this Aspect Ratio". Save all to the same name and create a multi AR Style.

The Style will recognise the project AR and apply the correct one.

16:9, 16:10 and 3:2 should be enough.

DG

Please add the 4:3 ratio witch is the one I constantly use.

This ratio is particurlaly well fited to show paintings, wich include a lot of portrait formats, and it is the ratio of my video projector and also of my canvas screen (4x3m).

On the attached image you see 6 views. When the legend is white, there is no animation in the view. If the legend is yellow, there is an animation (zoom and pan). The legend disapears after 15 seconds and the view loops after one minute.

Painting.jpg

Thanks. It's a very simple transition.

Here is a 4:3 AR version. I only changed the mask container and mask from 1920x1080 to 1600x1200.

Dave, I don't know if a Style multiple aspect ratio will work with transitions? I might have to convert to a style?

Tom

Slide with Zoom 4x3.pteeff

Hi Denis,

For some reason this transition is not importing on my Mac or Win computer. I would really like to test it but first need to figure out why it's not importing. Does it import back into your transitions?

Thanks,
Tom

It's working now. I had to delete my other versions first. Interesting. I tried the cover the mask container and rectangle but didn't change the mask rectangle to square. I think that is your changes I discovered.

Thanks!
Tom