WnSoft Forums

Quick Slide Style

Igor

Hi,

We implemented a special kind of slide styles - Quick Slide Style in future version 11.0.

There are 2 commands in the main window - create and apply a quick slide style. Just in one click with no options.

Unlike existing slide styles, when you apply a quick slide style, PTE AV Studio keeps untouched a duration of destination slide, its transition and duration of a transition. Only all objects on a slide will be replaced, keeping original main image.

It's possible to apply a quick style to multiple slides. Their order will not be changed. Synchronization of slides will not be touched.

I hope that this feature would be useful for AV enthusiasts.

I wonder if we need a second type of styles?

In the past it has happened several times that users complained about styles, that styles would change the slide duration etc. These users can be regarded as victims, victims of an inconsistency in the user interface of PTE styles.

What is a style? A style is a kind of macro that uses images (not slides!!!) as input; and its output is a sequence of slides. But when we want to apply a style, we firstly have to drag images into the slide list, and secondly we apply the style, but on what? It looks like we would apply it on slides, but in fact we only apply it on the images inside the slides (and these slides then disappear). It would be much clearer how styles really work if styles had an input window for specifying the input images, much better than taking the indirect way via the slide list, causing a lot of misunderstanding.

I think that it is obvious why you have chosen the (indirect) way via the slide list. Styles need to have an input interface, and the slide list has been there, and you could use it more or less for free. Following the way that I have in mind would demand an additional development. Furthermore, the way using the slide list looks quite elegant, but as we have seen, it can easily be misunderstood. So it still will happen that users will build up complicated slides, and then they will try to apply styles on these slides. Sooner or later, they will learn that this will destroy their work, and that this is not a good way to proceed. BTW: I've never had any problems using styles. :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree with your thoughts. 

Initially we decided that majority of users who will use slide styles are beginners or not experienced users. And they hardly will use the Objects and animation editor with multiple objects. So they simply drag new images to the Slide list and then apply a slide style. In this case our idea could work fine.

Also some better ideas come later when something already done.

A. The addition of a Quick Slide Style is an excellent idea

B. I would like to be able to have the option of creating a new slide style direct from the OandA screen so I can keep track of 0r keep the various changes I may make.

I have been using PTE for nearly 1 year and still consider myself a comparative beginner.

Judging from the various forum posts and comments there seem to be a range of objectives/desires that users are looking for eg

1. Family and Friends type shows for holiday or personal memories

2. Presentation type shows for clubs and lectures that may include more complex features and/or giving talks to groups etc

3. Competition type shows that want even more sophisticated features

I believe you have succeded in developing a very good product for all three of the above groups.  There will always be users who want less features and others who want more but I do like the idea of having the possibility of being able to incorporate the more complex features as I learn (or try to!).

For the first time I looked at the Slideshows on the WNSoft Home page and they provide good examples of the wide range of shows

Stuart