WnSoft Forums

Text Alignment on Style Preset not working on applied slides

Q-Vision

Not sure where this go as it's either a bug or something I'm missing to do.

The main image is marked as Main Image in the properties.

I've created a master slide of what I want using Text captions picking up IPTC coding from the file (Title, Maker, Score). Each text is Left aligned in the properties. The first slide is my master and created a Style preset from it.

If I apply that preset to subsequent slides, it picks up the coding as it should, but the alignment is bouncing all over the place. I was hoping that the text boxes would start in the same position in the left corner as the master.

I've tried nesting the text boxes under the Main Slide, No go. I've tried nesting the the text boxes on a blank frame, no go. Running out of ideas. 

I've even tried making a master slide and creating a preset from very long text elements thinking that long lines may be throwing it off, but no go.

The slide show can have 100-200 slides, so automating the process is a requirement and going back into each slide to manually realign the text boxes is not ideal.

So, I think this is a bug unless there's an obvious fix that I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

I've attached screen shots of the process.

PTE-02.JPG

PTE-03.JPG

PTE-04.JPG

Thanks for replying denisb. Tried your suggestion with centering the text and X-100(my interface looks slightly different than yours, Win, v10.5.4). Made a new master slide, created a preset and applied but still misaligned. It's slightly better than before but still off.

I tried it with Left aligned and -100, still the same thing. Alignment is off on applied slides.

This has got to be a bug or something. Are the developers monitoring this forum?

Anybody have any other suggestions that I can try?

PTE-08.JPG

PTE-09.JPG

PTE-10.JPG

PTE-11.JPG

PTE-05.JPG

PTE-06.JPG

PTE-07.JPG

In the Animation tab setting the center point to be -100 and the in the Properties Tab text to be left aligned I have never had any problems.

Your first 3 images the text all looks aligned.

The only thing that makes it look slightly off is that you have the Author name in italic

Not sure why you have set line spacing to -100.
The line spacing is when you have more than 1 line of text in a single text Object & it determines how far apart each line is.

Jill

On 10/31/2021 at 8:14 PM, jkb said:

In the Animation tab setting the center point to be -100 and the in the Properties Tab text to be left aligned I have never had any problems.

Your first 3 images the text all looks aligned.

The only thing that makes it look slightly off is that you have the Author name in italic

Not sure why you have set line spacing to -100.
The line spacing is when you have more than 1 line of text in a single text Object & it determines how far apart each line is.

Jill

Hi Jill, Thanks for replying.

See above screen shots.

I've tried with the text marked left justified and x=0

I've tried with the text marked left justified and x=-100

Each line is on it's own since the font/colour is different for the 3 lines

Each line picks up different data from the IPTC fields within the file

Seems the length of each line can vary depending on the title or the Name, so it just bounces left and right.

21 hours ago, denisb said:

Hi Q-Vision,

you need two thing:

Set the text alignment to left

set the center of the text  to -100

not compulsory, but I would also put the three text in a frame, for each text set panoX to 0 pixels and move only the frame.

Denis

Text11.pte 17.9 kB · 2 downloads

A Big HUGE Thank You Denis!!!!!!

That helped a lot. Comparing the file you sent made a big difference. My revised Style Preset is working as it should now when applied to multiple slides.

A BIG thanks once again.

Cheers, Q

PTE-12.JPG