WnSoft Forums

An old problem coming back when exporting fonts from win 7 to win 10 PCs ?

Picsel

Hi,

I saved in a zip folder a new project prepared with PTE AV 10.5.5 working on a Win7 PC. Some slides of this project content text objects using Adobe Devanagari font. This project was transfered into another Win10 PC. I was very surprised to see that the font was different using very different parameters, etc..Did I make a mistake somewhere ? Did I miss a step but I ve checked the text object properties without finding any function concerning the font as it was previosly the case with some older PTE version ?
What's going wrong?

Daniel

• Picsel changed the title to An old problem coming back when exporting fonts from win 7 to win 10 PCs ?

Daniel,

You can transfer a created EXE show or .pteav show to another PC or Mac. Original fonts will be kept. The same for created MP4 videos.

To transfer a source project (.pte file) to another computer, firstly you need to install the same unique fonts and then open the project on another computer. PTE uses fonts available in Windows or Mac, built-in fonts or custom fonts installed by user.

Igor,

thanks for your prompt answer.

Concerning EXE show we have no problem I agree with what you wrote.

Concerning .pte file , there was a time it was possible to keep record of text objects  by rasterizing them or by using png file automatically included by saving PTE projects inside a zip folder, so if I understand you well there are no such ways to do it with PTE AV Studio. That is a step back a bit worrying because as we share the work of the different parts of our projects between several PTE users we never can be sure that the text objects will remain the same untill the final creation. It is quite impossible to know what are the fonts available on different PCs depending on users font choices and them working habits.

For the project we are working on at present time, we found a font very similar so that will be a workaround for us.

I think this problem could be a concern for PTE users who want to rework old projects including text objects by using PTE AV Studio. (Even Windows fonts could be different depending on OS version)

Daniel

Daniel,

Rasterizing to PNG was removed about 8-9 years ago.

I understand your concern and I have one idea. Rasterizing to PNG is not ideal solution because it had a fixed pixel size, not optimal for all monitors and resolutions.

We think about possibility to include vectorized data (curves of letters) to a .pte project, if author prefer this mode for certain text objects with unique fonts. This idea is added to our TODO list.