WnSoft Forums

Strange behaviour with some custom transition working under Win 7 or Win10

Picsel

Hi,

time to time I use custom transition originally created by JPD. Working with PTE AV Studio 10.5.5 on my Win 7 Pc there was no problem at all.

PTE creates a dedicated folder (called myproject.resources) encompassing the gif masks used for the transition.
I saved my project named "myproject" in zip and went on working on it on my Win 10 Pc.

Under Win 10, if I save "myproject" (.pte file) under a new name "myproject2", the new folder myproject2.resources is created with the right name but it happens that the gif masks are not copied and the transition does not work any longer.

In such a case If I need to save "myproject2" again, I get an advice saying that files are missing and PTE invite me to search missing file but without giving the complete previous file location and without having the possibility to browse and find the right folder or file. So something does not work and has to be corrected .

Obviously, the workaround consist of pasting the previous gif files at their right place which is very easy when knowing the trick !

Best regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

When you call Save As command for a project, a folder with resources should be saved under a new name automatically.

If it doesn't happen, please send me the original project in a ZIP (before renaming). I'll check it.

Note, that if you rename a .pte project file manually in Windows Explorer, you also should manually rename resources folder.

Thanks Igor,

I confirm that I used "save as" command. In fact in all cases the resources folder has been created with the right new name in accordance with the .pte file, but time to time the "transition" foder is empty, I cannot explain why.

The project is now achieved not very long 12" but  huge size ( pictures coming from different digital cameras,  texts, soundtrack, video clips provided by different members of the team), so I think that does not make sense to send it to you as it is. It should be shorten before but I dont know if the problem will remain.
Please let me know what could help you.

Please have a look also on the other related problem I reported in my previous post concerning the search of those missing files could be easier to reproduce.

Daniel

Hi Igor,

I observe the same phenomena: save a project with CT newly inserted in local storage, open it again, save it again and file not found.

I can't reproduce the the error.

It was not a CT made by JPD because he don't made CT, only effect with masks.

Denis