WnSoft Forums

My New Mobility Scooter, Part 4.

rosy

Our quest for a means of transport other than the car continues. The Boot Scooter sold as it was cumbersome & impractical, the folding scooter from China has proved very useful for a quick nip to the shops, but doesn't answer the problem of carrying two. We had a brief brush with an electric scooter called the Doohan I Tango, which has proved disasterous but may have a happy ending. We looked at powered rickshaws, but they aren't strictly legal unless registered & eventually came across the Trekidoo tricycle rickshaw for kids. I'm not a large person, less than 100lbs & under 5ft, so the Trekidoo for 2 kids & an adult driver looked ideal. After some conversations with the dealer, the electric version was beyond our resourses, so we decided to buy the basic version without electrics & eventually, fit them ourselves. This show contains the preamble up to the Trekidoo, plus the unpacking. The assembly & electrical conversion will follow in due course. It's on Vimeo see My New Mobility Scooter Part 3.

Rosy Cheeks.

1 hour ago, nelson said:

Hello Rosie,

I am enjoying your quest for a mobility scooter.

Fortunately I do not require one at present, but find your posts interesting.

Take care and good luck,

Kieron

Thanks Kieron. Hopefully we will be successful before it's to late to use it. The aim is to take it on a riverside path that is being constructed close to where we live.

Cheers Rosy.

PS did the same thing happen to you as Michael in the post above?

1 hour ago, michaelr108 said:

Hi There

Just letting you and others know what as just occurred when I opened Rosie's Vimeo it opened giving my name and email address . I have never noticed this happen before and I don't use Vimeo , very strange .

Michael 

Hi Michael. That's an odd one, don't know if it has happened before. Just noticed you spelled my name Rosie which is incorrect maybe something to do with that & Vimeo.

Cheers Rosy

Hi Rosy

I copied your name spelling from nelson sorry about that . Further from my previous email the email address was one that I don't even use on this site which adds even more confusion . I just found it a little unnerving  . Let me tell just what I did for this to happen , I clicked on your link My Mobility Scooter Part 3 .

Michael

• 3 months later...

Rosy I enjoyed your show. Your Tridoo Pedal Rickshaw looks a lot of fun. One concern I had as I watched the seat area being attached to the mainframe is that one side was secured by 2 bolts and the other only had one securing it to an open ended slot. I hope there are two bolts each side. ( Can you guess that I was the safety first person when I was working!) 

Rosemary

Capture.PNG

Hi Rosemary A

Thanks for watching the show. yes you are correct, at the time of first assembly, the fourth bolt was missing where the two sections of chassis join. As it is a special bolt / coach screw I contacted the Trekidoo supplier who sent a replacement for the missing bolt. I seem to remember in a later shot you can see the missing bolt either on the bench or fitted. Thanks for your concern.

Later see screen shot below.

Regards Rosy:D

missing bolt fitted.jpg

• rosy changed the title to My New Mobility Scooter, Part 4.