WnSoft Forums

Transparent to selection - run-time or design time?

aplman

In a current project, I have numerous slides in which most of the objects need to be Transparent to Selection at runtime, so that my show can respond to a click anywhere in a containing object. 

If I subsequently want to make design changes, I have to un-tick all the relevant objects.  This can be quite annoying.

Might it be possible to have an option to allow the program to ignore the Transparent to Selection attribute while in O&A mode?

I regard "Transparent to selection" as a runtime feature. So, it should not have any effect in the O&A editor. I know that it has an effect there, but I have always regarded it as inappropriate. In O&A we have "Ignore objects not selected".

@aplman: In the present situation, if you activate "Ignore objects not selected", you may avoid to un-tick all the relevant objects?

Thank you jt49.  It seems we are of one mind on the main point.

Your suggstied workaround ("Ignore objects not selected") appealed immediately, but now I cannot find where it is offered.  O&A?  Project Options?  Slide Options?  Preferences?  Further guidance would be appreciated.