WnSoft Forums

What is the best image size for Audio Visual

Thanks Barry,

I have a question if I may?

I have followed your advice and started using mp4 vs executable.

I project my shows with a high quality Canon projector and find a difference in sharpening.

The exe show appears sharper than the mp4.

Can you elaborate on your methods of sharpening  both in your chosen software and in PTE.

Thanks,

Kieron

Kieron

I haven’t sharpened images for well over 10 years either in an Image editing program and certainly not in PTE.  If you have known me over the years, you’ll know my emphasis has always been on image quality and I’ve been a bit obsessive about it. I moved to Mp4 videos later than many because I was concerned about quality. However, it’s hard to tell the difference and if there is a difference between exe and MP4, 99% of viewers won’t see it.

In any case, image sharpness is far more affected by top notch image editing. Colour, clarity and contrast and in my experience many amateurs need to start there.

Hi Barry,

I have just watched your video and size my images like you demonstrated in PS. My camera file size default is 3965 x 2478 pixels with a resolution of 300 pixels / inch. I reduce the resolution to 100 and the size to 1920 x 1080. This gives me sharp images after publishing to an exe file on my 4k monitor and play back on a smart HD TV.

If I publish to HD and 4k the result is the same  as the exe file on my monitor. The images are however very grainy when I play the MP4 file on the HD smart TV through a USB port. I have increased the image resolution to 150 pixels inch and the results are still unacceptable on the TV. I use the the same settings in the "creating HD and 4k video" menu as you did in your demonstration. What resolution do you recommend when sizing your images? 

Thanks for an excellent video. I will apply the plus 25% to my images in future.

Regards, Ernest

Ernest. The images from your camera are around 4K in size, so you don’t really need to change their size at all really. Also forget PPI. If you take your 3965 * 2478 pixels and reduce PPI to 100, then your image size is 1322 pixels on the long side and it’s no wonder your seeing unacceptable results.

If you must resize the images at all,  ignore the Pixels Per Inch and adjust to 2304 * 1296. That gives you a HD size plus about 20%. If your computer can handle the images from your camera, don’t downsize them at all.

• Like 1