WnSoft Forums

how to create a loop?

Laszlo K

It is a silly question after long years of using PTE but..... it still happens.

I'm trying to create a single image with another on top of it to loop like a Gif but of course a much better quality. The layer comes on at 5 sec dissolve at 15 sec. The whole image length of it is 20 second. I tried in the project setting to set it to repeat the clip and also at the Slide option to set the timing to loop. None of the options works. The show shots off after 20 second and will not loop. Years back I did it a couple of times but in the past number of years never need to do it so this is where I'm.

Any idea?

I know I can repeat the image but don't want to ad volume to it.

Laszlo

Slide option of Loop should work , I have just tried this.

The slide will loop until you press the right arrow key on the keyboard to move it on to the next slide.

Repeating the same image(s) in a project does not add volume to the exe

Jill

Hi Jill

What I did years back with some projects to set them to loop and the playback would restart again until you stop it with the Esc key. I did it to play demos on meetings. This time in Playback will not automatically go back and restart which is what I want. A friend of mine called on me in need of help so I was testing it.

About the image repeating it would add volume because if I have one or ten images with sound on it, it will pump up the volume in MB.

Thanks for your input

Laszlo

Laszlo, If you want the whole show to repeat then in Project Options/Control Tab

Select Action after last slide - Repeat Show.

In the latest versions of PTE you can repeat images, sounds, or video & it only adds the MB once in the exe no matter how many times you use them.

Jill

Hi Jill

What I did years back with some projects to set them to loop and the playback would restart again until you stop it with the Esc key. I did it to play demos on meetings. This time in Playback will not automatically go back and restart which is what I want. A friend of mine called on me in need of help so I was testing it.

About the image repeating it would add volume because if I have one or ten images with sound on it, it will pump up the volume in MB.

I actually have a single slide of 26 second with a second on top of it with 0 % opacity and that would go up to between 5 and 9 seconds to 100 % than would go back to 0% from 17 to 22 seconds. I do have the latest Version of PTE as well. Tested again and no-go.

Thanks for your input

Laszlo

Thanks Jill / Bruno

I guess time takes its toll. I have not done / create .EXE file for a long time. Mostly HD video files because of ease to share with most platforms. When I gone to bed I realized that the problem was that video file will NOT loop only .exe (executable). And it does work. 

Thanks for all the inputs. You both were right but I was using the wrong file format:)

So here it is,hope it works:

Laszlo

Xmas1.pte