WnSoft Forums

Hiding text that is embedded in a video clip...

goddi

Greetings,

I have a couple problems that I have not been able to solve.

I am trying to hide some text in a video where the text is embedded (or encoded?) in the video. I am putting a small jpg file over the text. I have finally come close to making this work except that I can still see the text that I am trying to hide where it will still show for a short moment.

KeyframeOpacity.thumb.jpg.5ab328424db1297953e4a2900813aa42.jpg

In the screenshot above, keyframe#1 is 0 opacity. Keyframe #2 is also 0 opacity. Then, keyframe 3 is set to 100 opacity.

The problem, as you can see in the screenshot, is that the ’68 minutes’ text that I am trying to cover will fade in, in between the keyframes 2 & 3.

I can not get rid of this short fade-in of this text. When it is played, you can hardly see it, but I'd like to find a way to deal with this in a better way.

1-    How can you avoid this fade-in in-between keyframes?

2-   Is there a way to spread out the distance between keyframes so I have more room to work with?

3-    When I try to create a ‘Create a Backup in Zip’, after I had trimmed down the size of the original file, the progression bar stops at 1%, pauses for a few seconds, then disappears.

ZipFailed.thumb.jpg.bcb34ade1f2bba32910f8b9feb81dc11.jpg

I had separated the audio from the original video clip. And then I trimmed out all but about 40 seconds of the video to be able to send a ‘Backup in Zip’ to show the problem. However, it seems that even though I have trimmed out most of the original video clip, it still saves the entire video clip since I am still using the audio portion.1614144791_Zipfiles.thumb.jpg.f5c34be62f3d9d8c02bd6dc0876ee3a9.jpg

Is there a way to remove the audio from the video clip so the new file will not have to retain the full video clip? The 'Create a Backup in Zip' saved the entire '1-VIDEO_TS-.MP4' video clip from where I separated the audio, when I only wanted it to save the shortened '1-VIDEO_TS-.TS-.TrimA.test.mp4'.

Gary

===================================================

=======================================

Zip files.jpg

Greetings,

Ok...I figured out that I can use the 'Export Soundtrack to file'. I had a vague recollection that there was something like that in PTE. Never understood why or when I would use it. Light bulb went off...  But it is in a strange place in the menus. You'd think it would be shown when you right-click on the audio track in Timeline. Need to make a Suggestion, later.

But...when I made the 'Backup in Zip', it still had the strange progress bar showing only 3%, then disappeared. But seemed to produce the correct Zip file.

Gary

Added Later: I tried to do a 'Backup in Zip' again and I did see that after showing 3% in the progress bar, it seemed to freeze, but then the 100% flashed quickly. So the progress bar must just not be working very smoothly. It just jumps from 1% or 3%, then to 100% and then closes.

15 hours ago, MUR said:

Try to make an independent file for the sound with Audacity.

MUR

Greetings,

The main question is, is there a way to 'zoom' into or expand a set of keyframes? I have a project that is one long video of about an hour. So, if you want to add text to appear and disappear anywhere in the project, you need several keyframes (zero opacity, zero opacity, 100% opacity, and zero opacity). When you have a very long video, these keyframes are difficult to enter and stack up almost on top of each other and they are nearly impossible to adjust. You have to reposition them which is very difficult with such a long length of the video because the keyframes (not sure of the technical term) almost sit on top of each other. If we could at least zoom into the keyframes, we could manipulate them more easily.

In another project, which is a long video, it is made up of many video clips to complete the show. I notice that it is so much easier to add text in any of the short video clips because they are relatively short clips. Adding keyframes for text was much easier. Perhaps, it would be helpful if, for long video clips, we could insert a 'cut' (beginning and end of a section) where we could more easily enter text as if they were just a single short section and the keyframes would stay within that 'cut' section.

Or...just be able to 'zoom' into the keyframes.

Gary

Greetings Dave,

Yes, I could spit the video as you suggest. But that is quite a pain to do if you already have an hour long video project completed as you want it to be and then you want to just add some text here or there. I've seen in video editing programs, the ability to add a 'cut' sections at any point in the video do add animation, etc. within that cut section. It would be more helpful if we could just add a 'cut' lines for a section while in O&A and add text, etc. within them.

For example, if you want to 'add' a keyframe, the first keframe will stay at the red insert line. The second 'added' keyframe goes to the end of the clip and you have to drag it back to where you want it to be. It would be helpful if you could constrain the addition of keyframes within a section of the long video clip. Maybe I am doing it incorrectly but it is impossible to manipulate keyframes that are sitting on top of each other to try to have a text object appear for a short amount of time.

Gary,

Try to use time value for a keyframe in the Animation tab. The last parameter is "Key frame time" (ms). It should allow you find an optiomal time value for these keyframes. To quickly go to the next/previous keyframe in the Timeline, select any keyframe with mouse cursor and then press Left or Right arrow key. Then edit time value in the Animation tab.

Also consider using Time range values for instant appearing or disappearing of an object.

We plan to add a horizontal scrollbar for the timeline with keyframes.

UPD. We'll improve dispaying of a progress during packing of large files.