WnSoft Forums

Mega project: 380 MB (3)

kim

Third observation:

Specifying an icon for the exe file DOUBLES the compile time. In my case, the exe file compiles in 3 minutes. When I specify an icon, P2E still takes 3 minutes to count up to 100% but then it takes another three minutes before the hard disk activity ceases and the exe is finally created.

- Kim

Dear Kim,

I was wondered that the compilation takes so a long time (3 minutes) on your computer! Couldn't you let us know a little bit about configuration of your PC and size presentation, please?

PC: CPU, memory, hard drive, version of Windows

Presentation: size of the produced .exe file, a number and size of music files; a number of slides.

Thank you,

Dear Kim,

I was wondered that the compilation takes so a long time (3 minutes) on your computer! Couldn't you let us know a little bit about configuration of your PC and size presentation, please?

PC: CPU, memory, hard drive, version of Windows

Presentation: size of the produced .exe file, a number and size of music files; a number of slides.

Thank you,

Igor,

Most of the info is there in my post with topic "Mega project: 380 MB (1)" but I provide it here again:

Number of slides: 442

Size of each JPEG: 700KB to 1.1 MB

18 MP3 tracks of 51 minutes total duration played in random order in the background: 70 MB total.

Size of exe file: 378 MB

System:

Celeron 800MHz

RAM 128K

HD: 40GB

Hope this helps.

Do refer to the post I specify earlier wherein I note the unacceptable launch times for this exe file. I am glad that v.4 will address this problem.

- Kim

Kim, your jpg file size of 700 kb - 1.1 mb is much larger than most of us have ever found necessary. Perhaps there is a reason you must have them so large, but you will find in almost all cases, the large size will only encumber your presentation while adding nothing to viewing quality.