WnSoft Forums

Another glitch in Adjustor

alrobin

Sorry, folks, but I have had to remove the "protection" feature from the "PTE Time Adjustor" model due to incompatibility problems (see other threads on this subject). The previous model has once again been replaced on my web site.

JRR was the first to point this out - he couldn't open it in Excel 97, and sure enough, even when I backed off into Excel 97 and re-created the spreadsheet, it still wouldn't work. Maybe there's a switch I have to click off or on in the setup, or some obscure menu on which to select a specific option, but it was easier to just remove it.

So, for those of you who have downloaded version 2.0 of the model, I apologize once more, and hopefully for the last time! ;) Those of you running Excel 2000 should have no trouble with the previous model if you have already downloaded it.

Ciao,

Al

Al:

Thanks for the fix !!! (Sorry I had to be the one with the "old" EXCEL version and found it ;) )

BTW, I used the PTE Adjustor for a purpose you likely never expected - I still maintain a stable of 35 mm analog slide shows on ARION equipment.

I had created a PTE version of one of the existing 35mm shows. I tweaked it in PTE, liked it better. So I ran the PTE_ADJUSTER and was able to print out a listing of the start, transition and on-screen times (my terms) to go back and adjust the "old fashioned" version. :)

Thx again

Jim

You're welcome, Jim.

Get enough testimonials like this and I might be able to sell it! ;)

By the way, the next version, which allows you to "pin" an unlimited number of sequence times, and then evenly spread the intervening slides in between, without affecting the "pinned" times, is almost ready for public consumption. I think it will be quite useful.

Ciao,

Al

Glad to be of some help here - I just posted the next beta version on my site - it lets you "pin" certain time points and distribute in between. Also shows the image names so they can be changed in the spreadsheet and saved back into the PTE file.

Its on Adjustor Model .

Good luck, and please let me know if any bugs show up.

Ciao,

Al

Glad to be of some help here...

"Some help" is not exact... Your "Adjustor" is VERY helpful and useful, and is able to make a long work very quick. I will check as soon as possible your new beta.

Thank you again, Al!