WnSoft Forums

Automatic Synchronization in Random Order

klubera

Hey cc!

I can't do this. When you click on the "synchronize slideshow to music duration" checkbox, the other one is grayed out. The help icon also specifically states that this is not possible. I have a couple of slideshows where I want the pictures to display in random order, but I would really like to have it sync'd from beginning to end.

Of course, I could calculate the amount of time required per slide, but then I'd run into the other problem I'm having (see my other post on Music Sync with Different Resolutions).

Kevin

You're right, Kevin. When "Synchronize presentation to music duration" is selected, it's not possible to randomize the pictures order, because their time MUST be set in the time-line.

cc,

No problem.

Guido,

When you select "Synchronize slideshow to music duration" and click on the "Customize Synchronization" button, you have two options:

1. Automatic Synchronization

2. Customize Synchronization

Automatic is the default, where each slide is displayed for an equal amount of time. I thought maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to implement a way to display them randomly. If PTE calculates the random order at the beginning of the show, then it shouldn't be a problem. However, if the random selections occur during the show, then I can see how such little calculations can throw off the synchronization, even if only by several milliseconds per slide.