WnSoft Forums

Windows media player 9 and sound

bluechip

I updated windows media player to series 9 and now none of my shows will play the music included. All files are support my media player but they still don't play. It worked good till the upgrade. Can't delete the upgrade and go to an earlier restore point. Any help would be appreciated. These are .wma files to be played.

Bluechip

Hi Bluechip! Welcome to this forum!

I suspect the fault of your problems are *.wma files, that are causing often serious headaches with PTE (but not only with PTE...). Try to convert them to *.mp3.

Hello Bluechip,

I also cannot use *wma., wav., files pte just will not recogise them so like Guru suggests I convert them to mp3 for which you will need a little bit of software a Ripper there are lots available I think mine cost $20.00 as a download ., funny though I downloaded some midi samples and some royalty free samples and they save as mp3 files since I have installed a ripper.

Regards Clive.

What I had to do to fix the problem show is copy the music files off the original again using the new media player, delete the old music files in the show and then add them back in again. They now work the way they did before. There was nothing wrong with the files. The new Media Player has some copyright protection built in and I think it formats the files differently. I wonder if they are now backwards compatible???