WnSoft Forums

PTE Adjuster

LumenLux

Greetings Al -

I have just given your (latest posted version) Adjustor a try. I do not know Excel, but I am in awe just looking at your spreadsheet - a show in itself. :blink: Thanks to your clear instructions I thought I had it working for me. Until .. . . I try to use the new (adjusted) .pte file. I get an error message (from PTE program I think) that says "Project files created with Pictures To Exe v1.00 - v1.60 are not supported now"

I am using Office 2000 ver of Excel on Win98SE. I have tried the new (adjusted) .pte file also on XP with the same result.

I fully anticipate that you (and maybe everyone else) can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Wow this forum is getting better all the time. It is now so automated that I posted my question, and before anyone even responded, I had my answer.

Unless this conclusion is overly hasty. It appears I was saving the wrong open spreadsheet as the new .pte file.

As for the error message about Versions 1.00 -1.60 not being supported - I discover that I can rename any file of any kind xxxxxxx.pte and the program will bring up that message when it trys to load it.

Hi, Bob,

Glad you got it to work - that would cause it to hiccup, alright! :) You have to save the file, "ptesource.xls", as a ".prn" file, and then change its name to a ".pte" file. Sounds complicated, but I don't see any way around it, without trying to automate it. (future version)

I've had that error message from PTE, too - usually when I try to load the wrong type of file.

I'm almost finished the next version of Adjustor - making it compatible with non-synched shows. You can't adjust them as much as you can a sync'ec show, but it will at least let you see what's going on, and adjust the "delay" times (or "times on screen") and the transition times.

Maybe I should put some pictures in it so it will be even more entertaining!! :blink:

Ciao,

Al