WnSoft Forums

Two Wishes

paulvn

There are 2 items that hinder distributing an exe to others.

1. Fonts are not embedded in the executable limiting the use of Windows fonts to those installed by default with Windows.

2. The executable will not resize for display on a screen resolution other than the resolution used to create it. It needs to resize to the resolution of the machine running the exe. It could easily use a black border for higher resolutions and compress for smaller resolutions than the one used to create the exe.

Thank you very much for considering this!! I use the program to create presentations for missionaries all around the world and they often distribute CD's to others who get a distorted playback due to the two problems mentioned above.

Hi Paulvn

1. This question has cropped up frequently in the past. There is a copyright problem in distributing embedded fonts. A workaround is to use your desired font in an image editing program then save the result as a jpg. This will ensure that the font you have used is what appears on playback.

2. There is already an option to 'run full screen'. This will automatically fill the screen no matter what resolution the playback monitor is set to.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding Item 2: I always use the full screen mode. The problem is PTE scrambles the position of the different objects on the slides and displays a different relationship between the objects than the relationship used at the screen resolution during the design of the exe. The various elements of a slide need to maintain their original relationship and be resized to maintain the proportions used during the creation of the exe.

Please email me if you need furthur explanation.

Thank you very much,

Paul

Okay - I understand the query now. If you have several objects on a page, use your mouse to draw a box round them all then press the "Group" button. This will preserve the relationship between them when viewed on different resolution screens.

Ian

Ian,

Your suggestion doesn't work because the graphic that creates the slide is not included in the grouping and items are not resized during playback to maintain the relationship of the original design. Other programs I've used resize the display to insure that all elements are visible in lower resolutions and maintain the relationship of proportion in higher resolutions.

I hope this a clear explanation.

Paul

Hi Paulvn and JSlugman

You can solve the problem by "Group" the objects and ALL graphics in the slide. You must place the main picture as the image object in the object editor and group it with other objects in the slide. This will preserve the relations between the main picture and other objects at the slide.

Paulvn, We plan to add the resizeble picture and all other objects in future versions of the program.

Aleksey L. Yelin.

WnSoft Inc.