WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #3 is released

Igor

I just uploaded improved PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #3

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.25 Mb)

What's new in beta #3:

* Fixed several minor bugs

+ Improved starting of preview from necessary slide. It shortly shows a previous slide and then starts effect to show necessary slide.

+ Added numbering of slides in the slide list (main window)

What's in PicturesToExe v4.00

-----------------------------------------------

* Fixed the old bug when presentation run in the synchronization mode. The music

started a little earlier, if first slide contains very large JPEG picture.

However all other slides are shown *exactly* at specified time.

Now the first slide also will be shown exactly with begining of music.

+ Fixed several bugs

+ Preview of large images works much faster now (with same quality) in

the Main window of PicturesToExe and "Customize Synchronization" window.

+ Improved quality and speed of full-screen viewer of images (Main window).

+ Improved quality of gradient filling of background, if screen in Hi-Color (16-bit) mode.

+ Improved shadow for the main picture:

> It looks much smoothly now;

> You can adjust opacity of shadow behind the main picture. (Project options |

"Screen" tab | "Opacity". From 0 of full transparency to 255 of opacity;

> The shadow can surround picture around all sides (see "Offset" parameter).

+ New default an icon for newly created .exe file of presentation.

Also the main icon of PicturesToExe is improved.

+ Added new option: "Auto hide mouse cursor" (Project options | "Advanced" tab)

+ Some improvements in "Main" and "Advanced" tabs of the Project options.

+ Visual Editor of objects is vastly improved:

* Fixed several bugs;

> Added support for transparent GIF pictures (as objects of slide);

> You can call "Properties" dialog for a some object by double clicking of mouse;

> It's possible to cancel dragging of a object by pressing of <Esc> key;

> To select/deselect several objects, click on an each necessary object holding <Shift> key;

> To select all objects, press Ctrl+A;

> Added "Undo" button to cancel last modification;

> Added Copy/Paste functions (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V)

> Improved popup menu when you click right mouse button on the object(s)

> Added hot keys for all actions (see popup menu above)

> And some other helpful improvements.

+ Produced presentations will start faster now.

+ "Preview" of presentation starts faster

+ PicturesToExe (main window) opens projects much faster

+ Improved Customize synchronization window:

> You can start Preview of a presentation from a necessary slide ("Preview button");

> Time-line graphically displays effect duration for the transition points;

> Added vertical graphical lines between sound tracks on the time-line.

> You can adjust zoom of the time-line. Click "View" button or press Ctrl+F11/F12

> Improved work of the horizontal scroll bar

> Added new hot keys: Play/Pause - Ctrl-P, Stop - Ctrl+S, Delete - Del, Add - Ins.

> Little improvements in the interface

+ PicturesToExe correctly informs you, if you add damaged JPEG image

+ Added numbering of slides in the slide list (main window)

+ Various improvements in interface of the program

Hi,

First of all I would like to say what a great program this is...

Now the problem, I can't preview the show from a specific slide.

I click an image in the slide list then right click and select "Run preview from current slide" or Ctrl+R nothing happens. If I then click the preview button nothing happens then either, however if I close PicturesToExe and then restart it the preview button works again, but only from the start.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

To gwhite

1) I fixed strange bug, when sometime Ctrl+R didn't work. This is problem of slide list component and we have found a way how to solve it.

To HvK

Please describe, where I can see that problem with fonts (PicturesToExe or produced presentation, objects, text comment...), what version of PTE and version of Windows. If it possible, please send me screenshot! Thanks.

With this beta, preview from slide works at least partially for me now (yay!). Here are a few comments:

1) My music starts from the beginning no matter what slide I am previewing; is that the way it's supposed to work?

2) I can't seem to preview from the very first slide using the timeline view (Preview button is grayed out, even when I first bring it up and nothing is selected).

3) Mouse autohide still doesn't work for me. Are there other options that interfere with this feature? I have tried this on two computers, with completely new slideshows, where all I do is add some photos, music, check synchronize to music, and autohide mouse cursor. The mouse cursor disappears after three seconds and never comes back, even if I am moving the mouse the whole time.

4) I really like this program. Thanks for doing such a great job. It is the easiest, fastest and best quality slideshow program I've tried (and I've tried many!).

thanks

Mouse autohide still doesn't work for me. Are there other options that interfere with this feature? I have tried this on two computers, with completely new slideshows, where all I do is add some photos, music, check synchronize to music, and autohide mouse cursor. The mouse cursor disappears after three seconds and never comes back, even if I am moving the mouse the whole time.

Isn't that exactly the way it's supposed to work?

Harold

mandarinfish,

Harold is correct. The MOUSE is usually not suppose to return to view. This is quite the common practice for this type of setting.

I think your idea is that you want the "MOUSE" to return to "VIEW" if motion is detected after being hidden ... thats a totally different function than just HIDING MOUSE after a certain time frame.

Hi

Igor , how about an option to start another app (exe) at the end or close of a show , its a much needed feature , you could then daisey chain PTE shows together and you would also be able to use PTE to do intros for other mulitimedia shows , can you please add this feature soon , its not a hard programing task ?

Regards Rod

Linda, Harold,

"Autohide" cursor's function works perfectly. Maybe you have tried to use it when synchronization is activated.

In shows not synchronized, the cursor reappears immediately as soon as you move the mouse.

Linda, Harold,

"Autohide" cursor's function works perfectly. Maybe you have tried to use it when synchronization is activated.

In shows not synchronized, the cursor reappears immediately as soon as you move the mouse.

Guido, you're right. I was trying to use it with a synchronized show. When I don't synchronize the show, I get the mouse behavior I was expecting. In the meantime, I figured out that I don't need the mouse cursor visible, as the mouse actions appear to work when the cursor is hidden. My problem was that sometimes focus would be accidentally put on something else while the show was starting, and the taskbar or other windows ended up in front of the show.. I have found myself to be clumsy enough to do that when I'm doing a presentation in front of a large crowd! I wanted the mouse cursor visible so that I could change the focus back to the presentation if needed, and then I would hide it myself in the corner afterwards. I just experimented, and found that even if I hide the cursor immediately, I can change the focus if I need to.

thanks

To mandarinfish

I'm sorry, - it was really a bug of v4.00 beta, when after auto hide of the mouse cursor in a synchronized presentation it didn't appear on mouse move. Of course, the cursor is not required now, but in the future versions we plan to add the usual functionality and in the synchronized mode.

p.s. I have fixed this bug right now.

Igor,

In earlier versions, it was possible to delete the comment line - and it would stay deleted and no comments would be added to the slide in the show. This ceased to function correctly in version 3.80 - although it could be deleted, once saved, the comments keep on reappearing. Perhaps you could have a quick look at this area and see if it is possible to fix it please.

Carrying on with this line of thought, would it be possible to have an option in the customise slide dialog box so that the comment could be set to 'on' or 'off' there, since there is already a tabbed header for the comments.

To Carol Steele

Please could you describe me step by step, how to reproduce this situation.

I have checked it, and once deleted "Comment" field for a some slide will not appear more.

May be you have selected "Set comments for all slides as:" options (Project options | "Comment" tab)?

To Carol Steele

Maybe you have selected "Set comments for all slides as:" options (Project options | "Comment" tab)?

I agree this is the problem. I had the same trouble. I selected this option

and then I took the comments out of the slides I did not want them to

show up on. Title Pages as an example. As I was finishing up my show and

went back into the project options to select my icon. it would also add comments

back on my title pages.

I think that Igor should change the check box to a button to click on like the

"clear all slides" button. If you check the box you have to ok the project options

then to back into it so you can uncheck the option so it will not add comments to

all your slides everytime you ok another project option.

cc

Hi Igor,

Yes, in the 'Project Options' it is set to display the filename. However, in previous versions, if you set the comments to show the file names (from the menus at the top of the application) if you subsequently deleted the file name (in the comments box under the image window), it would stay deleted. It no longer stays deleted in version 3.80, but comes back after the slide show has been previewed or saved.

When I am creating a slideshow for a client I have an intro and an exit sequence where I don't want the filename appearing on the screen - only on those that a part of the show that the client is ordering images from.

Thanks for looking at this issue for me as I am sure it affects a lot of other users too. :)

Rod:

:lol:

Could I suggest that if you have a problem with ANYONE on the forum that you send them an e-mail privately.

You are not doing yourself any good with comments like you posted about Igor who can not possibly keep up with all the requests we fire at him, and then work on the changes.