WnSoft Forums

Bug in Beta #3

HaroldB

Igor,

I started using beta #3 in earnest last night, and I really love the ability to preview from the middle of a show.

However, it seems to me that if you are in the synch window and you make changes to the show (try it by just adding a new transition point) and then you hit the preview button in the synch window, the changes you just made aren't reflected in the preview. (It works fine if you hit OK in the synch window and then go right back into the synch window.)

Harold

I have fixed this bug in the beta #4

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip

p.s. moreover there is still another similar problem with new changes in the Project options window. So if you close "Cust. synch." window and for example will make some changes in transition effects, then open again the "Customize synchronization" window and start Preview. The new changes will not appear, until you not clicked "OK" button in the "Project options" window.

I see two possible ways:

1) Before PTE will open "Customize synchronization" window, it will close Project options window with applying of current changes.

2) Moving of the button for calling of "Customize synchronization" window from the Project options to main window of PicturesToExe. Also this variant gives an ability to quickly open this window.

Igor,

I would definitely vote for moving the Customize Synchronization button to the main window. You can have a checkbox in the Project Options window that says whether this button should be grayed out or enabled.

It is MUCH easier to work with beta #3, particularly because one can now preview from the middle of a show.

The number one PTE improvement on my list is now to let me change the transition type and transition duration from the synch window via drop-down boxes... that change will make PTE even greater than it now is!

Harold

I'm with Harold.

Even if Igor starts by just adding a little text box for inputting a revised time for a customized transition when the presentation is paused and that slide is selected on the timeline, at least that would be a start, and would be so useful!! However, while he is at it, I agree that it wouldn't be all that difficult to add in the ability to select a new transition.

Changing a "default" transition to one which is "synchronized", from the timeline, would be a little more challenging, but, again, we're not talking about "rocket science" here! :)