WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #4

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #4 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.25 Mb)

What's new in beta #4:

* Fixed bug of v4.00 beta when after auto hide of mouse cursor in

synchronized presentation it didn't appear on mouse move.

* Fixed bug of v4.00 beta when current changes on time-line didn't appear

in the Preview from a some slide. To see changes, it was necessary to

click "OK" button, opening of "Customize synchronization" window again,

and then start Preview from some slide. The bug is fixed now.

+ You can adjust zoom of the time-line by wheel of mouse.

What's new in v4.00:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

* Fixed the old bug when presentation run in the synchronization mode. The music

started a little earlier, if first slide contains very large JPEG picture.

However all other slides are shown *exactly* at specified time.

Now the first slide also will be shown exactly with begining of music.

+ Fixed several bugs

+ Preview of large images works much faster now (with same quality) in

the Main window of PicturesToExe and "Customize Synchronization" window.

+ Improved quality and speed of full-screen viewer of images (Main window).

+ Improved quality of gradient filling of background, if screen in Hi-Color (16-bit) mode.

+ Improved shadow for the main picture:

> It looks much smoothly now;

> You can adjust opacity of shadow behind the main picture. (Project options |

"Screen" tab | "Opacity". From 0 of full transparency to 255 of opacity;

> The shadow can surround picture around all sides (see "Offset" parameter).

+ New default an icon for newly created .exe file of presentation.

Also the main icon of PicturesToExe is improved.

+ Added new option: "Auto hide mouse cursor" (Project options | "Advanced" tab)

+ Some improvements in "Main" and "Advanced" tabs of the Project options.

+ Visual Editor of objects is vastly improved:

* Fixed several bugs;

> Added support for transparent GIF pictures (as objects of slide);

> You can call "Properties" dialog for a some object by double clicking of mouse;

> It's possible to cancel dragging of a object by pressing of <Esc> key;

> To select/deselect several objects, click on an each necessary object holding <Shift> key;

> To select all objects, press Ctrl+A;

> Added "Undo" button to cancel last modification;

> Added Copy/Paste functions (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V)

> Improved popup menu when you click right mouse button on the object(s)

> Added hot keys for all actions (see popup menu above)

> And some other helpful improvements.

+ Produced presentations will start faster now.

+ "Preview" of presentation starts faster

+ PicturesToExe (main window) opens projects much faster

+ Improved Customize synchronization window:

> You can start Preview of a presentation from a necessary slide ("Preview button");

> Time-line graphically displays effect duration for the transition points;

> Added vertical graphical lines between sound tracks on the time-line.

> You can adjust zoom of the time-line. Click "View" button or press Ctrl+F11/F12

> Improved work of the horizontal scroll bar

> Added new hot keys: Play/Pause - Ctrl-P, Stop - Ctrl+S, Delete - Del, Add - Ins.

> Little improvements in the interface

+ PicturesToExe correctly informs you, if you add damaged JPEG image

+ Added numbering of slides in the slide list (main window)

+ Various improvements in interface of the program

Thanks Igor

Installed and working satisfactorily

Ron [uK]

:) Igor:

GREAT WORK !!!

I know of no other software that is so responsive to so many users demands :) . Your response time is so fast and qualitative ! (We know there is more coming around the bend in due course and not all requests can be met.)

And it is all free to the user !!!!!!

Keep spoiling us

Thank you, thank you

(Now I have to find time to try it)

Igor,

That looks fine now. However, there is one case where the problem still exists. If you set "quick", or "no-transition" as the only selected transition effect in Project Options / Effects, the grey horizontal bar still shows up for those images which are not customized, unless you also change the default timing to 20 ms.

Not a major problem, but enough to make someone wonder why they are seeing a grey bar when there should be a "cut".

Not sure if this is a new bug. Non-Synched show 'Project Options', 'Music', one file in playlist. If I uncheck box 'play background music' the music still plays on 'Preview'. On returning to 'Project Options' 'Music', the box is now checked?? Have never tried this with previous PTE versions so I don't know if this is a bug introduced in latest version.

I agree with what you are saying, but I think in order to acheive a run through without music you will need also to delete your music source and uncheck sync to music.

Ron [uK]

Igor, you note that you have fixed the bug that when you have a synchronized file with large pictures(+/-100Ko), sound started a little bit earlier than the slide show. With the last beta version, I have still this problem that the music has still 'two starts', starting a second time after 0.5sec., first picture still on the background. After the first slide, synchronization is perfect with time. Previously, on the same slide show(still growing up and growing up...), this problem didn't appear. It appears for the first time when I ran it on another computer(1GHz-256MoRAM-WinXP to 2GHz-512MoRAM-WinXP). Is the bug coming from this difference? Note that this problem didn't appear on the small window with the synchronization time-line but when I do the complete preview!

Thanks

Trouble with my Templates, and the check box for Transparant Gifs.

I have tried to open a show in Beta 4 that I have saved as a template in earlier versions.

It is having trouble opening all of them. I am opining the show.pte file inside the Dir where

all the images are saved and it will not find all of them. Mostly ones that I have placed with the

object editor.

When I open some gif files it will have the check box to show the image with transparent backgrond

and I can not uncheck this option. It does not do this with all of the gifs just some of them. ? ?

Is anyone else having these problems?

cc

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen as it didn't start at all in the last version (if used with sync slideshow to music), but if you try to preview the show from a particular slide, with "Sync slideshow to music duration" checked it starts, flickers like mad for a while then fades out with no other slide shown, but the music plays on...

If you uncheck "Sync slideshow to music duration" it works fine, I can live with that, just wondered if thats how its supposed to be?

Best wishes

George

Hi, George,

No, for sure, that's not how it's supposed to be. One of the attractions of PTE is the smooth dissolves (and other transitions), even in the preview mode.

It's difficult to diagnose your problem without knowing a little more about it. (e.g. number of slides, length and type of the music, default transition times, size of image files, "horsepower" of your pc, how long you allow for startup, etc.

If you have a fairly recent pc setup, then I would first check to see that the transition times are shorter than the average time allowed "on-screen" per slide. Then, try different preview-start points, and try to diagnose the problem from there.

Don't hesitate to write back if you think it's none of the above. Someone will undoubtedly come up with the solution. :)

Limey

In reply to your thread of 11:56 am today all I was trying to indicate was the only way I had found to play a previously produced project without music, to test out your original suggested bug. It is something for which I have not found a need. Sorry I cannot add to that.

Ron [uK]

Hi Igor,

I have tried all 4 (v4.0) betas, and am still unable to successfully use the new Preview Mode in the "Project Options" menu.

When I press the "preview" button, the selected slide comes up briefly and then freezes and flickers. Have to press ESC to exit.

System is a 1.5 GHz P4 running XP. Everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks

RJM

Hi Igor,

I have tried all 4 (v4.0) betas, and am still unable to successfully use the new Preview Mode in the "Project Options" menu.

When I press the "preview" button, the selected slide comes up briefly and then freezes and flickers. Have to press ESC to exit.

System is a 1.5 GHz P4 running XP. Everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks

RJM

RJM,

With the current version of PTE, this will happen if the transition time specified for the slide is longer (or even close to) the total slide time.

Try taking out the transition completely for the selected slide and see if that makes the problem change.

Harold

Gifs.

When I open some gif files it will have the check box to show the image with transparent backgrond

and I can not uncheck this option.  It does not do this with all of the gifs just some of them. ? ?

I should have said this is when I am adding the gif with the object editor...

I have some Gif's that I can change this setting if I want. Then I have others that I can not. It is checked to show transparent background and I can not uncheck it. And the Gif looks very bad with a transparent background.

cc

RJM

Re: your problem with 'preview'.

I have reproduced this problem when I have selected 'use internal player' in 'Project Options'

'Music', and then 'Preview' from a mid point slide, in either slide list or timeline wimdow.

No problems if internal player is not selected.

Would somebody else confirm if this is a 'bug' or just a problem for some.