WnSoft Forums

Timing Bug in Beta #4

HaroldB

Igor,

I've had this happen to me three times now, although it doesn't happen every time.

If I'm running a preview, and I hit the ESC key to stop it, and then I very quickly (almost immediately) start the preview again, my PC effectively hangs. The mouse moves very very slowly, I can't switch to any other task, and PTE itself fails to respond.

I am running Windows/ME. If I hit Ctrl+alt+del, I get a very slow response, and it shows a task named P2E_PREV in the task list. Also, at the bottom of my screen, there is a task button for the show, but the show itself doesn't start. The only solution I have found is to reboot my system.

I am using the partial preview from the main PTE screen by clicking on the little icon, but for all I know, this bug may be the same when using the other available preview buttons.

Harold

Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce this situation under my Windows 98 - all worked fine.

Please couldn't you check with another presentation?

And let me know some additional details: kind of presentation (sync'ed or not); number and total size of mp3 files, usual size of JPEG images (in pixels (width/height) and MBytes).

I am using ME and could not get this glitch to happen.

Ron [uK]

Igor & Ron,

The frustrating thing is that *I* can not get this to reoccur on demand either. It only happens OCCASIONALLY, and naturally always at the worst time :lol:.

I'm thinking that it might be a "resources" problem, that it happens only when I am low on resources, and that perhaps PTE is making a request for some resource and not completely checking that it got the resource -- or something like that. It only seems to happen when I have lots of programs open and lots of images open within the programs I have open.

The presentation I am working on has one MP3 file, size 4560KB. It has about fifty pictures, all JPEG 1024x756, and the typical file size is about 140K. The presentation is synched.

I'll let you know if I get more of a Clue.

Harold