WnSoft Forums

Dual monitor problem

gsneville

I am using both a PC and a laptop with dual monitor set-ups. I regularly use them with a projector connected to the 2nd monitor output.

If I open a PTE show on the second monitor, it displays on the primary monitor.

Is there a way to get it to show on the secondary monitor.

Have tried setting up a powerpoint presentation and created hyperlinks. The powerpoint displays correctly on the 2nd monitor, but when I click on PTE show it shows on primary monitor.

ANY IDEAS anyone

I am using both a PC and a laptop with dual monitor set-ups. I regularly use them with a projector connected to the 2nd monitor output.

If I open a PTE show on the second monitor, it displays on the primary monitor.

Is there a way to get it to show on the secondary monitor.

Have tried setting up a powerpoint presentation and created hyperlinks. The powerpoint displays correctly on the 2nd monitor, but when I click on PTE show it shows on primary monitor.

ANY IDEAS anyone

Hi, AFAIAA, the only way to get the show to appear on the projector is to define the projector as the primary monitor - the laptop screen will then become the secondary monitor - so you have to remember to switch it back to being primary before unplugging the projector. I believe this is because directX is the system used to drive the adaptor (at least pre version 5) and that only supports a single monitor (or at least it only supported a single monitor until the latest version of directX). My fingers are crossed that this may be remedied at version 5!

-Andrew

Hi, AFAIAA, the only way to get the show to appear on the projector is to define the projector as the primary monitor - the laptop screen will then become the secondary monitor - so you have to remember to switch it back to being primary before unplugging the projector. I believe this is because directX is the system used to drive the adaptor (at least pre version 5) and that only supports a single monitor (or at least it only supported a single monitor until the latest version of directX). My fingers are crossed that this may be remedied at version 5!

-Andrew

Thanks Andrew, will try this

Graham