WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #2

Igor

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #2

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.5 MB)

This beta contains fixes of known bugs.

What new in beta #2

* PicturesToExe v5.00 installs to another folder and program group, and can be simultaneously used with previous version 4.48

* Fixed problem with firewall on opening of Visual editor.

* Fixed problem with gamma of picture on some configurations.

* Fixed error message with some PNG images created in IrfanView.

* Fixed problem with starting Preview of slide-show.

* Fixed several bugs in Visual editor.

* Fixed jerks on Pan/Zoom effects in case of low-bitrate MP3 music files (lesser than 128 Kbit).

* Improved reliability.

+ Added global option "Compress BMP images" (enabled by default). See Main menu | View | Advanced options

Also I've updated our official examples - "PteShow", "Flowers", "NoResizing"

Thank you very much for responses and your help!

p.s. we have official holidays on May 7-9 in country. So probably I will not reply or with delay.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Version 5.00 created together with Aleksey Elin. He fully created system of objects for new Visual editor and he wrote main part of the new graphical editor. Also Pavel Koshkin wrote many system libraries which are very compact and reliable - EXE file of slide-show is only 165 KB.

Congratulation to Aleksey and Pavel, and you Igor. Nice work ! Still a lot of work to stabilize the final release 5.0 version, and re-activate all previous features (video, all previous effects, audio synchro, previous CPU engine, and so on...).

Some local tests with Beta 1 DirectX engine show very good result and efficiency (ATI Radeon X800 GT).

Good luck and thank you.

Marco

One suggestion about Visual editor: I feel not really easy once in Visual editor to go back to main UI (main slideshow first dialog/window). It seems the user must click on the top right "red cross" to get back to the main program (and access to the main timeline. This is not the usual way in Windows software (as the top right "red cross" means "cancel" or "abort").

Perhaps I am missing something here, or a button is lacking in Visual editor ?

Also, I would appreciate direct access to main synchro timeline from Visual editor.

Marco

Marco,

I agree - accessing the main timeline from the animation window would be great. Possibly even merging the main timeline with the one for animation. But, I think this would represent a major effort and re-design. However, I believe it was already once suggested that the timeline and slide list could be combined in the same window.

But, Igor, don't worry about it just now - it's time to take a good rest! Hope you have a great long-weekend! Thank-you for all you have given us so far with v. 5.0! :)

Is anyone else having trouble getting the "screen options" section of Project Options to work? I'm trying "windowed mode", transitions from the desktop and "percentage of screen to show slides" and none of them have any effect. Is this part of the beta which is temporarily disabled?

Also how to add text? In Option/animation screen, nothing happens when I click Add Text. Yet others are producing text. Is it being done by a Photoshop jpg image?

Bill

Just noticed I am now a "senior member". Wow! However, I am a totally junior member on PTE 5 beta.

Bill

Is anyone else having trouble getting the "screen options" section of Project Options to work? I'm trying "windowed mode", transitions from the desktop and "percentage of screen to show slides" and none of them have any effect. Is this part of the beta which is temporarily disabled?

It's evidently set up a little differently now. Notice you can "fit slide to screen" or "cover screen" as well as set screens aspect ratio and percentage of screen to use. A lot more flexibility. Just play around with the settings a little bit and see what happens.

ken

Also how to add text? In Option/animation screen, nothing happens when I click Add Text. Yet others are producing text. Is it being done by a Photoshop jpg image?

Bill

Just noticed I am now a "senior member". Wow! However, I am a totally junior member on PTE 5 beta.

Bill

Hello Bill,

Add Text is not currently enabled. Hope you got my e-mail.

ken

It's evidently set up a little differently now. Notice you can "fit slide to screen" or "cover screen" as well as set screens aspect ratio and percentage of screen to use. A lot more flexibility. Just play around with the settings a little bit and see what happens.

I did try the different settings and nothing seems to work. Ken, have you tried the different settings and they did change things as they should?

I did try the different settings and nothing seems to work. Ken, have you tried the different settings and they did change things as they should?

I won't go as far as to say that they changed things as they should but they do change things. Try this,

Select Cover Screen & Wide DVD then preview. Then do, Fit To Screen & Wide DVD and preview. It does something on my computer but probably not right.

ken

I won't go as far as to say that they changed things as they should but they do change things. Try this,

Select Cover Screen & Wide DVD then preview. Then do, Fit To Screen & Wide DVD and preview. It does something on my computer but probably not right.

ken

You are right, the aspect ratio does change and the wider formats make the pics in the show smaller. Guess I didn't try that one since video is disabled. Wish I could get the screen percentage to work though....

bfreas,

The screen options don't work on my system, either. I suspect that these are some of the features that Igor still has to work on.

I have a question about the placement of objects on the new timeline. Does anyone know why it might be necesssary to have the added images remain visible at time "0", even if they are "moved" to a later time along the timeline? I'm thinking that it would be handier if we could control the point at which they become visible by simply moving them off the initial placement, and not having to play with the opacity.

By the way, did you notice two vertical blue lines on the beginning and ending of the timeline?

It's range of visibility of a selected object. Drag this vertical lines with mouse cursor.

Object will not be visible when it keypoint located outside this range.

Thanks, Igor!

That's fantastic - I noticed the blue bars but had no idea I could move them.

You're still one step ahead of us! :)

Thanks for taking the time out to reply on your holiday!

Igor

We spoke about this, but it may help to keep things all in one place. I would like to see a global setting to ensure that slide shows created at 1024*768 display as they would in 4.48

To do this now every image has to be accessed via Objects and Animation,

Properties tab,

Mode > original

Position > Pixels

I appreciate this is not high priority and we can use both versions for now.

Regards

Barry

After having spent a couple of days finding my way around V.5 beta; today I tried putting some music to a short, simple sequence.

When I tried “Preview”, from the main screen, the show played, but, without the music.

However, when I go to the Timeline and “Play”, the music plays normally as the slides progresses.

Is this an idiosyncrasy of the beta version, or, have I missed some nuance?

John

I have not noticed what you experienced. As I have tried things, the music plays the same from the timeline, the Preview button, and plays also (from the music start) by pushing the "bread slice" icon in the slide window.

Maybe we are both unaware of a setting or you have found a bug in certain circumstances.

Barry,

Thanks, I agree. I'll try to add this option already in the next beta.

John,

- Do you hear music in my PteShow demo? http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/PteShow.zip

- Apparently you added not MP3 music, maybe OGG/WMA? OGG/WMA temporarily not realized in current beta.

We're specially didn't add many usual functions to v5.00 to check up step by step how new graphical engine work without affect of other factors.

Igor,

many thanks for your prompt reply. You hit the nail right on the head! I had saved the music, and put it into PTE "Project Options" as a .wav file.

You really deserve hearty congratulations for this wonderful tool. I'm far from being an AV wizard, but, after a couple of days familiarisation, I've astounded myself with what it can produce.

I must confess that, at first, I found the concept and management of keypoints difficult to understand. BUT, once "The penny dropped" it all became so clear and obviously intuitive that I could not comprehend the early problems. A bit like learnig to ride a bike, I suppose.

Kind regards

John

Igor - suggestion for when you could possibly do.... It takes lots of precision work to create some text effects such as dropping letters, etc., involving numerous transparent files and carefully timed sequences of keypoints, etc., It would be ever so nice if it were possible to actually save a a portion of the file to use on other images and shows so that the keypoints and file names and associated animations were included.

For example, I duplicated the effects which JP did in his objects demo as a "The End" file. I "could" pull up a different slideshow then I suppose copy and paste the last portion of my duplication then replace the background image (I haven't tried this) but it would really be great to save the effects and files used to create the effects as a sort of "template" to apply to other shows. Is this feasible?

=============

I just tried the copy/paste and I was able to transfer the effects to another slideshow - but would it be possible to save the effects as a file of some type then retrieve it and apply to a different show without actually loading and unloading the slideshow which used the effects each time?

Best regards,

Lin