WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #4

Igor

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #4

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.5 MB)

Major features of this beta:

- AVI video output fully workable again: MP3/WMA/OGG, music, sounds, personal music, exact synchronization. So you can create DVD-Video discs with Pan/Zoom effects right now (using 3rd party DVD authoring software as usually).

- Re-activated transition effects. You can see that on modern video card they work even much better than earlier. Especially "Curling of page" or "Circle" with large thickness of smoothing line.

Please read full list of changes below.

We're still working of full support of all modes for music and synchronization. It's almost ready and will be in beta #5.

I also updated my "PteShow" demo with new transition effects: http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/PteShow.zip

What's new in beta #4:

+ Re-activated transition effects. These effects look very smooth with any settings, especially dialonal "Curling of page" with new graphical engine in v5.00.

- "Curling of page".

- "Page" (horizontal/vertical).

- "Gates" (horizontal/vertical).

- "Circle" (to center/from center). Also improved quality of this quality.

- All global settings for effects work now. But if you choose effect not realized in this beta, you will see Fade effect instead.

+ AVI video output window:

+ It fully workable again in v5.00: MP3/WMA/OGG, music, sounds, personal music, exact synchronization.

+ Added "Anti-flicker filter" which is turned on by default.

+ Added "HD-1080" mode. If you slideshow has 4:3 aspect ratio it produces 1440x1080, if 16:9 then 1920x1080

+ Added ability to choose color of the back side for "Curling of page" transition effect.

+ Added "Hide selection on Pan/Zoom/Rotate" mode in popup menu of "Tools" button in "Objects and Animation" window.

+ Added "Disable scaling of main images" option (Project options | Screen tab) if you don't want that your image were automatically scaled to all size of screen. This option is not recommened.

+ "... % of the slide to show main image" option (Project options | Screen tab) works again.

+ New Welcome Screen.

+ Objects and Animation window:

- Reworked order of objects in the list in "Objects and Animation" window.

- Added "Cut" action (Ctrl+X) to popup menu.

+ Preview of slideshow starts faster now.

+ Several visual improvements.

+ Improved installer (allows to choose folder where to store settings and templates).

* Fixed bug of previous betas with Undo system after Copy/Paste slide(s).

* Fixed several bugs in main program of PicturesToExe.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have made a couple of attempts to download the latest beta (4), but the set up I receive is BETA3, could you plase tell me what I am doing wrong.

TomUK

I downloaded without difficulty or trouble, and had a quick look at re-installed transitions which worked fine.

Thanks for all the hard work to produce v.5.0 and the Betas.

John

It downloads and runs OK for me too! Well almost anyway.

The mouse control options do not seem to work yet, i.e. Left Mouse to pause the show and right mouse to exit. Are these functions not yet activated?

Ron

USING A TEST SHOW

this show had been started using 4.48, then beta 1,2,3 and 4 -

i had it selected to do all transitions -- all worked fine --

it has some pan and zoom features at the start

- 87 picts, 2 mp3's - the exe = 44.428 mb,

i converted the 60.338 mb temp avi to a mpeg 2 - 206.510 mb file with WinAvi -- conversion took 39 mins.

i then started Nero 6.6 suite and imported both files [ the tmp vid and the mpeg2]into nero express 3 and made a dvd successfully

no hiccups

good job Igor and team

ken

I would also say that we're very near to final release. My colleagues and I are working on all parts of v5.00 simultaneously and at this moment you see that we realized all main aspects of v5.00 except of music only and several options. It's the last major feature. We worked on music/synchronization past 2 months and it completed on 95% now. Second graphical engine also almost ready.

Gee Igor, I finally catch up (well almost) to you with ver 5.3 and you throw 5.4 at us :D:):D

I hope you had a summer vacation in there some place

Thanks for ALL your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Igor and team for the latest additions to Version 5.00. Don't all take that vacation together or we will be lost.

Ron [uK]

I've just downloaded Beta4 and I'm wondering if there is a way to simply apply random Pan/Zoom effects to all the slides in a show? Occasionally I use a slideshow maker "Memories On TV" and it has an "apply random" button for the technically challenged (such as myself.) MS's Photo Story also offers this feature for we lazy boys. Is there such an option in PTE and am I just overlooking it? The manual method seems pretty daunting, at least at first glance..thanks, Jim.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Thank you for the latest beta release. I have a couple of questions regarding the AVI options:

(1) What is the difference/if any between; Auto (Interlaced Video) and Interlaced Video?

(2) I note that now we have a Sound Fading Option, is this at the beginning/ending/both?

(3) I created a DVD with the Smart Anti-Flicker Filter ON and the Auto Interlaced Video Option ON. The DVD seemed to have a slight flicker and not be as clean (read that as blurry) as in previous versions. Is this area still being worked on or should I try some different options?

The Zoom and Pan abilities look cool on the DVD and I'm sure we will all make great use of these in upcoming projects.

Anyway, please advise when you get a chance and again thank you for all you do for us!

Best regards,

Fred

I have made a couple of attempts to download the latest beta (4), but the set up I receive is BETA3, could you plase tell me what I am doing wrong.

TomUK

I'm sorry for being such a bore,but I simpley can'nt upgrade my bete 3 version to the latest 4, I have even

removed 3 from my computer completly and tried to install beta 4, but low and behold all I get is BETA 3, Please,please can anybody help???????????

TomUK.

I'm sorry for being such a bore,but I simpley can'nt upgrade my bete 3 version to the latest 4, I have even

removed 3 from my computer completly and tried to install beta 4, but low and behold all I get is BETA 3, Please,please can anybody help???????????

TomUK.

Tom,

Be sure you are downloading from the correct link - here is the link for convenience:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4667

Also be sure that you are clicking on the correct APR beta file - put the new one in a different folder so you are certain that you are installing the correct file rather than reinstalling the beta 3 version.

Lin

well Tom if i had you email addie i would send it to you asap

ken

Thanks for reply Ken, my e-mail address is ... tomcourt@ntlworld.com

Any help would be most very welcome.

Tom.

Tom,

Be sure you are downloading from the correct link - here is the link for convenience:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4667

Also be sure that you are clicking on the correct APR beta file - put the new one in a different folder so you are certain that you are installing the correct file rather than reinstalling the beta 3 version.

Lin

Lin,

Thanks for the reply and yes I am using the correct link, I have even removed P2e from my computer completly (rather drastic I know) but to no avail, all I get is beta 3.

Ken has asked for my e-mail address and he is going to send me some info,I hope it solves my problems.

Tom.