• 2 weeks later...

Someone ?

Anybody ?

I geuss I'm too stupid to figure it myself :huh:

How the .... I reverse a mpeg file ?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

boxig

Hi Granot,

I downloaded Blaze Media Pro thinking I might be able to help figure out how to make it reverse video but the evaluation copy immediately reported that my "15 day trial had expired" - LOL - the fastet 15 day trial on record I suppose. I have emailed the company asking for help and will let you know when they respond and if I can get an evaluation copy to work so I can perhaps help figure out what you need to do.

best regards,

Lin

Hi Again,

They sent me an "extension" so I can open the program, but I can't get it to show any video so I can't "test" this, but the way you are supposed to be able to get it to reverse a video is:

Open the program - Open the Video Editor from the File menu - Load your file - go to Transform - choose Mirror then save....

Lin

Thanks Lin but this is not how to.

Mirror is simply to mirror the move (left becomes right) but no reverse.

I didn't find nothig in the Help file about reversing video so I geuss that is not possible.

Anyway, still hopping.

Thanks

Granot

Hi Granot,

I couldn't play a video with te software so couldn't check what "mirror" actually does. So what you want to do is reverse the clip? That is play the last frame first followed by next to last, etc., so you end up with the last frame first?

If so I found this:

http://ali.apple.com/callas/crs_imovie2/9_...ing2/page2.html

This is apparently a MacIntosh program and I haven't been able to find out if it's available in Windows format, but I doubt it.

Vegas Movie Studio 6 lets you reverse an "event" so apparently you can play selected segments backward.

Here's a jpg capture from the help menu....

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/reverse.jpg

I just tested it and it will indeed reverse the clip and play frames from last to first. You can also reverse audio or not...... but it just occurred to me that I'm not clear exactly on what you want to happen? If you will post a link to an mpg or avi file you want reversed, I'll "reverse" it in Vegas Movie Studio and save it and post a return link for you to see if it's indeed what you are looking for. I don't know whether Vegas Movie Studio has an evaluation or not....

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I checked Vegas Movie Studio 6. Since they don't say the reverse can be saved I guess that is only to view. I will try do look for other way to do this, maybe I will extract the images and make the video with PTE.

Granot

Hi Granot,

Certainly you can "save" the reversed file - I just did it! It's a free evaluation, download and test it for yourself! You can convert from AVI to MPG, etc., - very powerful program!

If you post a link to a short clip, I will reverse it, save it, and post a link to the changes. Make it reasonably small such as 600x800....

Here: I reversed a quick AVI which I used a screen video capture to make. I reversed it and exported the reversed file as an MPG. It's very easy..... Link to two zipped files.

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/test.zip

Best regards,

Lin

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...