WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #7

Igor

We're glad to present new edition of PicturesToExe:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

With PicturesToExe Deluxe you have complete solution for creating slide shows and burning DVD-Video discs.

What's new in beta 7:

+ Added WnSoft DVD Builder. Click "Video" button in the main window.

+ Vastly improved quality of video output (AVI, DVD and HDTV).

+ Some other small improvements.

* Fixed small bug with renaming file in File list. Main image lost link with file.

WnSoft DVD Builder is work of my colleague Sergey Malychev and me. Templates and logos created by Pavel Malychev who works at WnSoft.

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #7 can be dowloaded also from http://www.guru.to.it/en/downl_e.htm (European server)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ken,

What codec used in that AVI files? It better to add .pte project files for maximal quality.

Ian,

Would it be possible in a future beta to allow a customised backdrop image for the menu screen?
I think in the next version. We need to finish v5.00

We're glad to present new edition of PicturesToExe:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

With PicturesToExe Deluxe you have complete solution for creating slide shows and burning DVD-Video discs.

What's new in beta 7:

+ Added WnSoft DVD Builder. Click "Video" button in the main window.

+ Vastly improved quality of video output (AVI, DVD and HDTV).

+ Some other small improvements.

* Fixed small bug with renaming file in File list. Main image lost link with file.

WnSoft DVD Builder is work of my colleague Sergey Malychev and me. Templates and logos created by Pavel Malychev who works at WnSoft.

Can you confirm that this Beta #7 includes sound synchronisation, or does it just deal with the DVD production issues. Presume that other missing features of version 5 are still outstanding.

Jeff

Jeff,

Beta #7 contains only those new things I described above.

Full synchronization, sounds comments exist only in AVI and DVD video output.

Also I forgot to say that we added second graphical engine to Visual editor and it can work witout modern video card. Also video rendering can work without video card.

We work simultaneously on all parts of PicturesToExe and I can say exactly that all other missing features almost ready and will be inserted to the next betas soon.

Many Thanks Igor for all your hard work and we all appreciate your dedication. :D

All the PTE downloads will also be available on the new version of www.digital-av.co.uk too

together with some sequences made using the new PTEv5.

I am currently re creating the web site but the downloads are available on the current site too.

Best Wishes

Maureen

Back to back coasters for me guys - I must be doing something wrong. Just loaded PTE file and burned. Everything appears normal with check mark at the end and seems to be a successful burn but neither DVD works in either my computer or on TV.

Best regards,

Lin

Bravo, Igor!

Aside from some minor cosmetic items, the small videos that I have created so far work well, and look very good through the DVD player, both on the TV screen and also projected. In fact they look smoother and sharper than the others I have managed to create using other programs.

There are a few things to remember, as usual, such as selecting the correct aspect ratio (both in the original PTE project, and also in DVD-Builder). But basically, everything is quite intuitive - a nice change from some of the other more complicated video editors around. I also like the ease at which one can customize the menus, by using the mouse to resize, or by right-clicking and selecting "properties".

Thanks for all your efforts in this area. :)

Dominique,

Mainly I only tested quality of DVD Builder. My colleagues worked on it.

Lin,

Try again please, with another DVD-R disc.

If it will not help, try to create ISO image and burn it in Nero or in another program.

Al,

Or just double-click to show Properties :)

I am using your program for quite some time now and still consider it amongst the best for my purposes.

The new features in version 5 are terrific but after 7 betas, I was wondering when it would be possible again to add text to the slides? Also, I am used to only using 90 to 95% of the screen for the pictures whilst using a background picture to fill it a 100%. Will it soon be possible to do that again and to restrain the animation within that same window of 90/95%?

I really appreciate your efforts in continuously improving the program!

Thanks;

LUNO (Belgium)

Still getting only coasters. I've tried several PTE files and the burn appears to go in a normal fashion. I've selected NTSC (the correct format in my country) and the creation of the MPEG 2 appears to progress normally. When finished the burn process begins and eveything ends with the check mark but nothing works. The DVD's won't read either in the computer or on external DVD players connected to TV's so I guess I'll just wait to see if others have success and try to figure it out. Windows media player recognizes the presence of the DVD and pulls up the player on request, but from there it's just as if there were no media in the player.

Perhaps I'll try to burn an AVI to DVD rather than use a PTE file and will try the ISO. The DVD blanks work perfectly with other software so there are no known hardware issues. If the AVI to DVD doesn't work for me I'll stop until I get some more information because it's getting expensive - LOL.

Best regards.

Lin

Still getting only coasters. I've tried several PTE files and the burn appears to go in a normal fashion. I've selected NTSC (the correct format in my country) and the creation of the MPEG 2 appears to progress normally. When finished the burn process begins and eveything ends with the check mark but nothing works. The DVD's won't read either in the computer or on external DVD players connected to TV's so I guess I'll just wait to see if others have success and try to figure it out. Windows media player recognizes the presence of the DVD and pulls up the player on request, but from there it's just as if there were no media in the player.

Perhaps I'll try to burn an AVI to DVD rather than use a PTE file and will try the ISO. The DVD blanks work perfectly with other software so there are no know hardware issues. If the AVI to DVD doesn't work for me I'll stop until I get some more information because it's getting expensive - LOL.

Best regards.

Lin

Lin

I have half of your problem. I can play DVD on my computer but DVD player connected to TV gives me a 'wrong disc' message. I have tried both burning PTE file and burning AVI. Same result.

Regards,

Limey

Thank you still for all work that you to carry out Igor with your team.

In order to differentiate the versions from PTE, I suggest you a different icon for V5.

It is certain that that will not revolutionize the software but it will allow us, for what as me preserves the two versions, do not make errors to open such or such version.

Thank you

pte5fo8.jpg

It probably to late, but it would have been a good thing to haven't the same extension for V5 as for V4, pte for V4, and for instance p2e for V5 because the files between the 2 versions aren't the same and when clicking on a pte file, it's not neccesary the right version which is open. Not a very important problem, but...

Lin,

Can you see the VIDEO_TS folders and files on the dvd in Win Explorer? What happens if you copy them to your HD and double-click on the "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file?

There is also an option to save these files to the HD while PTE DVD Builder is rendering and burning to the DVD. They will likely be saved in a folder the same name as your DVD project (shown at the top of one of the menus), in "My Documents". The default name is "untitled".

I have just downloaded this latest beta and like a few others here, I'm having trouble with the DVD burning facility. I have created a short 4 minute show and burnt to DVD with no apparent problem. The DVD refuses to play on domestic DVD players connected to TV. I have two players here, one gives the error "Wrong Format" straight away, the other will display the DVD menu, but will not play the show - just does nothing. If I create a DVD with no menu, then the player just keeps trying to read the disc. I have tried +R, -R and -RW all behave the same.

If I put the DVD in the computer, then PowerDVD displays the message "Format not supported". Windows Media player will play the DVDs. If I take the files from the VIDEO_TS directory on my HD and burn them to DVD via Nero, then the disc will play on both players and the PC (although still not PowerDVD - get message "An object or name was not found. Error 80040216").

Hope this might help to track down the problem.

Steve

Perhaps I'll try to burn an AVI to DVD rather than use a PTE file and will try the ISO. The DVD blanks work perfectly with other software so there are no known hardware issues. If the AVI to DVD doesn't work for me I'll stop until I get some more information because it's getting expensive - LOL.

Best regards.

Lin

Lin, I thought you were buying - so I burned a set of coasters too - complete setting for eight.

Of the dozens of combinations offered for DVD's I thought surely I'd find the one that works here. So far I have not. If I create the PTE temp vid file, I can burn the show successfully using Premiere Elements 2. But so far, using PTE DVD Builder on the same open PTE vid file, it will only play on another PC but not a TV/DVD player. Thank you Igor and team - and good luck.

Lin,

Can you see the VIDEO_TS folders and files on the dvd in Win Explorer? What happens if you copy them to your HD and double-click on the "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file?

There is also an option to save these files to the HD while PTE DVD Builder is rendering and burning to the DVD. They will likely be saved in a folder the same name as your DVD project (shown at the top of one of the menus), in "My Documents". The default name is "untitled".

Hi Al,

Yes, the VIDEO_TS folders and files are visible and can be copied to the hard disk. When I double click the file I get a message from XP to choose a program to try and run the file. I choose Windows Media Player which gives a "Loading File" message then simply does nothing further as do my other DVD player programs. Something's not quite right with the burn and the show simply won't play.

I've tried several P2E files, an AVI file and tried producing an ISO file without success. I've just given up for now until some more data is available from users. I'm using DVD-R media which has worked perfectly with a number of other burn engines but tomorrow I'll pick up some DVD+R media and try it in one of my other drives. From the other reports I'm suspicious that there may be some problems not yet worked out.

Obviously it's working fine for some and not for others just like Proshow Gold and Producer. I was afraid this might happen because there are so many intervening variables with trying to use an internal burn engine. It's been a nightmare for Photodex and I hope it can be quickly solved but I'm a bit pessimistic from past experiences.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, I thought you were buying - so I burned a set of coasters too - complete setting for eight.

Of the dozens of combinations offered for DVD's I thought surely I'd find the one that works here. So far I have not. If I create the PTE temp vid file, I can burn the show successfully using Premiere Elements 2. But so far, using PTE DVD Builder on the same open PTE vid file, it will only play on another PC but not a TV/DVD player. Thank you Igor and team - and good luck.

LOL - I've got enough for a family Christmas party now. I'm going to wait until others have experimented before trying again. Something's not quite right but with DVD burning that's more the norm than the exception I'm afraid.

Best regards,

Lin

I thought I had a problem with widescreen DVD's, but upon comparison with a commercial DVD of that format, I find that the one I burned has almost identical properties when projected from my DVD player (same image size, same menu size - different from the image size, etc.) So, right now, I have no major problems with the new program. (touch wood!) I'll try to post a sample on my website and let you all know where to find it in case you want to verify the results.