WnSoft Forums

Burning Multiple copies of DVD's

JEB

I have managed to successfully burn several shows to DVD’s using the PTE vs 5 burner and am very pleased with the results.

I have recently completed a 25-minute (195KB – a lot of audio) show in collaboration with my camera club.

A number of members would like DVD versions as well as .pte versions. It’s a few weeks since I made the DVD but I seem to recall that it took well in excess of an hour (I think about 1.5 hours) to complete one DVD. Multiplied by at least 10 copies this is a lot of time.

I have little understanding of this technology but one of my colleagues suggested that additional copies should be made very much faster than this. How?

I tried to create an AVI file for him to use with his burner software, using the “DVD” button but it was saved with a “.pte” extension and the word “forDVD” as follows NAME OF SHOWforDVD.pte I would have expected to see the extension .AVI

I noticed that there are Adobe, Pinnacle and Ulead options but also a "create Custom AVI video file" option. Is this what should be used if the burner to be used is not Adobe, Pinnacle or Ulead?

Can anybody give me some guidance please?

Regards

John

Guest Techman1

John,

Hello. I've done as Tom has suggested. I create an ISO file from PTE and then use Nero to burn multiple copies of it to DVDs. Typically burning DVD's after the initial ISO creation only take less than 10 minutes per copy. The quality is extremely good (especially with PTE version 5 now). I've created up to 30 DVD's at a time this way. It's a real time saver.

Good luck,

Fred

Thanks Folks,

This sounds just what I'm looking for. But what is, and how do you create an ISO file? I have had a look through the PTE burner pages and Options but don't see and ref. to ISO.

Thanks in anticipation.

John

JEB

once you get menu sorted out next gives you the selection

i will try and get the pict posted in a minute

cant seem to make it go

but got it to go in the test thread

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry39145

but at present you cannot view it -- board gives error message

<b>IPB WARNING</b> [2] readfile() has been disabled for security reasons (Line: 309 of /sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php)<br />

k

post-16-1174381560_thumb.jpg

Thanks all and Ken for the e-mail.

I'm sure that when I have a go tonight it will work fine.

I have one further question. As my friends want both DVD versions and .exe versions is it possible to include a DVD version of my show AND an .exe version all on the one DVD? This would avoid making a number of CD's as well as DVD's.

Thanks again.

John