WnSoft Forums

1. Suggested improvements

The non-linear zoom is really fantastic with lots of great versatility, but one issue has come to mind which could be solved in future versions of PTE beyond 5.0.

When using non-linear animation for PZR, only the first and last keypoints are meaningful without using the rather complex separate function. Consider the following scenario:

The user wants to first zoom in on a portion of a subject, pause, then pan across the subject, then zoom back out and again pause. With linear zoom this is a piece of cake. Just set a keypoint, drag the bounding rectangle to the desired end of zoom point, clone the keypoint and drag to the end of pause, set another keypoint and again drag the image to the point of next pause, clone the keypoint and slide to desired location, set another keypoint and size the rectangle once again to get the zoom out. Can be all done quicker than the explanation.

Modifying the below a bit from the original:

But what if you want the exact scenario with "soft" non-linear landings? To do this without clicking multiple times to separate keypoints from their default groupings one must insert the same slide into the slide list three times. On the first slide set customize feature to "quick, no transition," then set ending keypoint for the zoom in and drag the rectangle to the desired zoom, next go to the next slide and insert the identical pan, zoom, rotate numbers found at the end of the zoom on the first slide, next set the custom feature for this second slide to "quick, no transition, then set the keypoint where you want the pan to end, then go to slide three and set custom again to "quick, no transition" and again match the identical PZR numbers for the start of slide three to the last keypoint of slide two, set the next keypoint to the time where zoom out ends and drag the image to the desired zoom.

Not so easy but primarily because you have to copy and paste the pan, zoom, rotate numbers for the begining of slides two and three. So, the feature:

Have a check box which simply automates the process of "match" previous or "match" next slide. When checked, this would automatically insert the PZR values from the previous ending keypoint into the present slide and thus save a tremendous amout of time allowing much easier use of the non-linear PZR effects when doing more than a single animation in a single slide.

This is not to take away from the very powerful feature of separate and glue, but sometimes it's infinitely quicker to obtain the result one is looking for by copy paste slides and duplicating the relevant numbers from end of slide "A" to begin slide "B", etc.

I find it obtuse to have to click on each of PZR and look at a waveform to determine which non-linear function was used between specific keypoints. All the caption tells me is "custom" and not which linear effect was used. I must look at each and remember which graph represents which non-linear effect which rather negates having a separate category for each non-linear function.

Best regards,

Lin

I have pinned Lin's topic -- i deleted part of his descriptive title

let us try to follow the subject title

" Suggestion for Future Version beyond 5.0"

let us try once again no discussion -- suggestions only

Lin - if you agree delete the your original

thks

ken

I have three future suggestions:-

WHEN PREVIEWING IN THE TIMELINE THE PREVIEW (SMALL DISPLAY BOX) ALSO SHOWS ANIMATION EFFECTS

OBJECTS AND ANIMATION WINDOW TO OPERATE IN A SIMILIAR WAY TO TIMELINE WINDOW IN AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE THE SOUNDTRACK WAVEFORM AT THE BOTTOM AND WHEN YOU PLAY THE ANIMATION SYNCHRONISED SOUND IS ALSO PLAYED

WHEN PROGRAMMING SHOWS YOU ARE ABLE TO MUTE SOUND, THIS LETS YOU AUDITION MUSIC IN SAY FOR EXAMPLE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, IN OTHER WORDS YOU CAN PLAY YOUR SHOW WITHOUT THE LOADED SOUNDTRACK PLAYING BUT LISTEN TO A RANGE OF OTHER MUSIC UNTIL YOU FIND A TRACK THAT "FITS"

Andrew

A useful addition in my opinion would be an addition to the right click sub menu in the timeline which would enable you to right click on a slide any where in the timeline and choose select to end, thus selecting everything to the right of the chosen slide.

Geoff