WnSoft Forums

Synchronisation

Heaven

Hi all!

It really becomes a pleasure to work with PTE, but I still have one major problem: I can't synchronize music and slides. Everything is perfect, when I prview from one paricular picture. But when I launch the main preview that starts the show from the beginning, I get a gap which becomes more important with the length of the show. For instance, the timeline at 5 min of the show duration shows perfect synchronisation between the waveline and my slide. When I start the preview, after 5 min of the show the synchronisation is delayed of about 4 seconds. Why?

Yours sincerely

Markus

N.B. I'm a bit lost in that forum and not sure if I'm at the right place...

Hi all!

When I read the postings in this forum, I have the impression that I am the only one having problems with the synchronisation. What am I doing wrong?

I have started to create a 9 minute slideshow in beta 8. I continued to work on it using then beta 9, 10 and now 11. When I right-click a slide to start the preview from this slide, my soundtrack and the slide are perfectly synchronized. When I start the the preview of the whole show, the synchronisation gets lost although the timeline still shows the same.

Ex.: after 4min and 56 secs I reduce volume of music and a spoken text begins. On the timeline, I see that this text starts exactly at 4'56''. When I start the show with the preview at the beginning or create the exe. file, my text begins about 4 seconds too soon. When I check the timeline, it's still set at the right place (4'56'').

Can anyone help me? I have spent hours to try to fix it, but it doesn't work.

Best regards

Markus

I have had exactly the same problem. Last night I was upgrading an old show to beta11 - smoothing the pans etc. In the show there are specific sound FX at several moments in the sound track. When I checked the time line and played it everything was OK and then I played the preview back from the time line starting several images back from where I had made some changes and still everything was Ok. So I played the sequence from the beginning and noticed that there was a mis match between the sound and the image. It was about a second out. I then played the same sequence on my new machine with a faster graphics card and it played perfectly !!

I am now making more room on the older computer and will be defragging it to see if this makes any difference.

Hi all!

I have just read Igor's posting about renaming "Synchronize music and slides". Maybe I'm doing something wrong:

In a slideshow of 9 minutes with about 75 slides, after 4min and 56 secs I reduce volume of music and a spoken text begins. I want to synchronize the first word of that text with slide number 45.

On the timeline, I see that this text starts exactly at 4'56''. I also see that slide number 45 is set at 4'56''.

What must I ckeck: synchronize music and slides or music plays independently?

Anyway, I experience that in both cases when I start the show with the preview at the beginning or create the exe. file, my text begins about 4 seconds too soon. When I check the timeline, it's still set at the right place (4'56'').

If only I would find the solution...

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Markus

Markus,

Richard,

1) Please download and run this special music test:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/MusicTest1.zip (260 KB)

Open that MP3 file which used in your slide show and play it during 5 minutes. Close utility and please send me generated log file.

2) Also what parameters of your MP3 file? 16 bit, Stereo, 44,1 KHz?

3) I just prepared special build of PicturesToExe:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_musictest.zip (2 MB)

Will it solve problem with synchronization?

Please use this beta only for this test, it's test version.

Hi Igor

Further to the above the mp3 file is the standard Audition 1.5 version I think - mp3 pro 16 bit stereo 44khz

Yes the sync was switched on in timeline

Hi Richard,

I don't wish to but in but .... In an earlier post regarding a problem I was having Igor mentioned that PTE does NOT support mp3 pro. He told me to use standard mp3 files. I just wonder if this makes any difference to your show??

Peter

Great news and thanks to Igor

Igor has also sent me a version of PTE called beta 11 music test to try it out. And it works! Now my slideshow is perfectly synchronized and there is no delay between what the timeline shows and what happens during the preview or when the show runs as an executable.

Great, and thanks to Igor!

Yours

Markus

Yes, PTE doesn't support MP3 Pro and may play it with not maximal quality, because MP3 Pro format created with back partial compatibility with old MP3 players.

But in this case it's another problem. Problem with synchronization happens because some sound card play music a little faster or a little slowely (on 3 seconds faster every 5 minutes of playback). It's a reason of this problem. We'll try to find some solution.

Hi Igor

I have just made the test, even twice. The synchronisation doesn't work. I have again the same delay: the text begins too soon, and it seems to me that the delay is even bigger than before.

I'm ready for the next test...

:-)

Yours

Markus

Good morning Igor

I have made the test and noticed that if it is better than in the previous version, I now have a delay of about 3 secs at 5 min and more at 9 min.

Tell me if you need more detailed indications.

Further I would like to tell you that I can help you with testing this week.

Then I'm on holiday and absent for a week.

Yours

Markus