WnSoft Forums

ADJUSTOR

Hello Al,

I was an eager user of SYNOPSIS PTE. And I am pleased that you are going with your genius excel-program ADJUSTOR the same way.

Perhaps you can solve my synchronazation-problems with your excel-program easily.

All my shows have the same structure:

Project Options -> NO Background music for show

S01

S02

S03 Play new background music file(s) | M01

S04

S05

S06

S07 Before synchronization M01 is ending here BUT M01 sould end at S09

S08

S09

S10

S11 Play new background music file(s) | M02

S12

S13 sound 01

S14

S15

S16 sound 02

S17

S18 Before synchronization M02 is ending here BUT M02 sould end at S15

S19

S20

and so on

Can I synchronize with your ADJUTOR?

May I get an prototyp according to the example? Take 20 sec for each slide.

Many thanks

Manfred

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Manfred,

I just noticed your message, and don't remember if I replied to it or not.

I'm not quite sure what you want Adjustor to do for you - it's just a spreadsheet model that depends entirely on the data input to it by the user, so I doubt if it would be able to resolve music times, especially if selections are not ending where you think they should. Adjustor will probably just "think" the same as you do, so may not be of any use in this case. Adjustor deals only with the timing of the slides and transitions, and identifies objects, but not the actual times of the music. You may have to check the music selections in a sound editor to determine what is really happening.

Please let me know if I am misinterpreting your request. Sorry for the late reply, but, as Ken said, I was on vacation when your request was posted and was out of internet contact in the north-eastern part of Canada for most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,Al,

thanks for your answer. I hope you had a good trip! My trip to Canada starts in 3 days.

I tried to explain my prototyp more precisely. But now I have a new problem. I can open a PTE-file with Word, Wordpad and EXCEL, but not with your Adjustor v.5-4!

Can you help me. It is a strange effect!

Manfred

Hi, Manfred,

I just noticed your message, and don't remember if I replied to it or not.

I'm not quite sure what you want Adjustor to do for you - it's just a spreadsheet model that depends entirely on the data input to it by the user, so I doubt if it would be able to resolve music times, especially if selections are not ending where you think they should. Adjustor will probably just "think" the same as you do, so may not be of any use in this case. Adjustor deals only with the timing of the slides and transitions, and identifies objects, but not the actual times of the music. You may have to check the music selections in a sound editor to determine what is really happening.

Please let me know if I am misinterpreting your request. Sorry for the late reply, but, as Ken said, I was on vacation when your request was posted and was out of internet contact in the north-eastern part of Canada for most of the time.

Hi, Manfred,

I still don't understand what your problem might be - you could send me your pte project file if you like and I'll give it a try (alrobin @ alrobinson.com - remove the spaces).

Where in Canada will you be travelling? If you are going to be in Ottawa, we could arrange to meet and discuss your show in more detail.

Hope you have a great trip - you will be here during the best time of the year, with fall colours just starting to appear. Very hot in the east right now, but it can't last much longer (we hope)!