WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1 RC8

Igor

We're glad to present a new version of PicturesToExe.

Version 5.1 is an intermediate release and doesn't contain many new features. Our main efforts concentrated on future version 5.2 which in progress already at this time.

But I hope you will find useful new improvements of version 5.1

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1 Release-Candidate

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

What's new in version 5.1:

+ VideoBuilder:

> Encoding of DVD-Video disc (and AVI) works in 2-4 times faster now due to optimization for dual-core CPUs and using of hardware acceleration for video post-processing (if modern video card installed). Exactly same video quality as in previous version.

> You can choose a number of items per page in DVD menu.

> MPEG2 files can be added to a project. For example, you can encode your slideshow(s) to MPEG2 video file(s) and then use it again in new projects without re-encoding of it again.

> Music for DVD menu (with "Fade in" and "Fade out" parameters).

> Color adjusting of DVD menu (Hue, Saturation and Lightness). It allows very quickly modify a view of DVD menu and find your own individual style.

> Adjusting of a background image parameters (Tile, Stretch, Fit)

> Support of all kinds of AVI files imported to a project (including AVS video file scripts).

> A new tab in the Project options window - "Program" (customizing of priority mode for encoding and temp folder).

* More exact calculation of required disc space.

+ "Wait for a key press to show next slide" option in Project options available again. You can overwrite global value in a properties of a slide.

+ Adjusting of colors for Text/Button objects in hover and pressed states activated again.

+ PicturesToExe starts much faster now.

+ Timeline window remembers current position of a cursor and selected keypoint when you switch between Timeline window and main window of PicturesToExe.

+ Added support of multi-line default text comment for all slides (Project options | Comments tab).

+ Visual improvements in Music tab of Project options and Customize slide windows. You can visually re-arrange files in the playlist.

+ Slide list shows a hint what to do, when no slides added.

* Fixed bug with too large controls in Drop shadow dialog when 120 dpi graphics mode used.

Beta 2 (November 1, 2007):

+ Added "Show next slide after indicated time interval" parameter to properties of a slide (in additiona to Pause/Loop after show of a slide).

Changes in VideoBuilder:

> VideoBuilder creates MPEG2 files with original name of .pte project file (instead of 1.mpg, 2.mpg, and etc).

* Music in DVD menu of VideoBuilder didn't work if DVD menu contained two or more pages.

* Fixed bug with creating own templates for DVD menu.

* Fixed bug with Save As.

Beta 3 (November 6, 2007):

+ Updated language files.

> Changes in VideoBuilder:

* Fixed bug when "Burn ISO image" feature (Main menu | File) didn't worked in some cases.

* Fixed problem of version 5.1 Beta 1-2 with sound "click" at beginning of encoded slideshow in some cases.

* Fixed other problems.

Beta 4 (November 9, 2007):

+ Updated French and Spanish language files.

+ Small improvements in Create AVI file window (it displays filename of created AVI and browse button to open folder with AVI).

* Fixed bug of previous beta versions when you couldn't modify PNG image of rasterized text object.

* Fixed bug of previous versions when you couldn't create AVI file and "catCantCreateFile" error message occured. It happened when name of project contained a dot symbol ("Project 1.1" for example).

* Fixed bug of previous versions with renaming of image filename in Slide list if there are two or more slides with same image file.

* More accurate adjusting of Hue/Lightness/Saturation parameters in DVD menu of VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug when looping of music in DVD menu (in not animated menu) didn't work.

* Fixed bug with Drop shadow of text in DVD menu in case of two or more pages.

Beta 5-6 (November 19, 2007)

* Fixed crashes of previous 5.1 betas of PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder on some PCs.

* Fixed bug of previous beta versions when copyright image logo didn't show in AVI/DVD video output.

* Fixed bug with adding some AVI files to VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug with freezing of VideoBuilder when you choosed folder path in VideoBuilder (on third page).

* Small other bugs fixed.

+ Reworked looped DVD menu in VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug with looping of animation in animated DVD menu (VideoBuilder).

Beta 7 (November 20, 2007)

* Fixed bugs with customizing of DVD menu in VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug with damaged files of French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese languages (Beta 5-6).

Beta 8 (November 21, 2007)

* Fixed bug of Beta 4-7 in Objects and animation editor with text objects with unchecked "Auto font quality" parameter.

* Fixed bug with adding some AVI files to VideoBuilder.

Beta 9 (November 22, 2007)

* Fixed bug in VideoBuilder with customizing DVD menu from own template.

Beta 10 (November 23, 2007)

+ Added "Offset" parameter to "Advanced hour hand" effect in properties of a slide.

Release-Candidate (November 29, 2007)

+ Update language files.

+ Fixed problem with working of slideshows under Windows 95/98 with very old version of DirectX (6.0 and earlier).

Release-Candidate (November 30, 2007)

* Fixes bug with "Wait for a key press..." option in Project options.

Release-Candidate (December 3, 2007)

* Fixed bug of previous versions when mouse wheel didn't work in Open/Save dialogs.

Release-Candidate (December 5, 2007)

* Fixed bug of previous versions when "Load last used project" option in fact always was enabled.

Release-Candidate (December 10, 2007)

* Fixed bug when audio was not synchronized with video in produced DVD discs in VideoBuilder if you used two or more sound tracks.

* Various small improvements.

Release-Candidate (December 13, 2007)

* Improved association of .pte project files with PicturesToExe. In some cases project couldn't be opened from Explorer in earlier versions of PicturesToExe.

p.s. new version 5.1 automatically installs to a separate folder and you can use both versions together - 5.0 and 5.1 Beta.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure about the function - Support of all kinds of AVI files imported to a project (including AVS video file scripts). What does this mean, does it mean that you can import a video AVI file? Also if the Menu set time, times out, what happens, does the slideshow play?

I suggest on the new version had the option of being able to make Fade In - Fade out in the total musica of the project

Thanks

This is only for music on the DVD menus. When are we going to get the ability to fade-in and fade-out music within a slideshow ?

Slideshow engine in version 5.1 almost same as in v5.0 we only added color for hover/pressed states of Text/Button objects and "Wait for a key press..." option. It's very minor changes and even beta release should be reliable.

I suggest on the new version had the option of being able to make Fade In - Fade out in the total musica of the project

Thanks

Probably in v5.2

Igor, thank you for the early beta release 5.1, as you explained a lot of the new features are not yet completed.

Just some observations at this time :

Save As – not functioning correctly ?

Created a DVD menu with 18 ( .AVI files ) as ( 3 x 2 ) 6 per page ( 3 pages ). Edited the text and positioned thumbnails. I Did not burn at this time - Saved as ( .PTV )

When I chose to bring it back under File – Open, it did not save as I expected with all my edited ( 3 x 2 ) 6 per page ( 3 pages ).

It opened as the default ( 2 x 1 ) 9 pages. All my editing of text and positioning was lost.

Work around.

If I save the ( 3 x 2 ) 6 per page as a Template, open the project again.

In the Menu Page ( page 2 ) choose my saved template all is well.

( 3 x 2 ) 6 per page ( 3 pages ) same as I edited.

In other words Save As, along with a saved New Created Template works at this time.

Ralph,

Save As - not functioning correctly ?

Do you mean "Save As" feature in VideoBuilder? We'll look at this problem and I'll write you later. Thank you!

fuzzy,

OK, so we got back the old method of newly added slides not advancing slides automatically. But how do we get some slides to advance automatically if we WANT them to?

Shouldn't there be that option in the customize slide drop-down menu?

It sounds logically. I'll try to add it to the next beta. Thanks.

I just posted Beta 2:

+ Added "Show next slide after indicated time interval" parameter to properties of a slide (in additiona to Pause/Loop after show of a slide).

Changes in VideoBuilder:

> VideoBuilder creates MPEG2 files with original name of .pte project file (instead of 1.mpg, 2.mpg, and etc).

* Music in DVD menu of VideoBuilder didn't work if DVD menu contained two or more pages.

There seems to be a problem with the new beta versions (1 & 2) when using Video Builder to create a DVD. When I get to the point of starting to create the DVD the program crashes. This happens whether I am using a menu or not. I am including just one slideshow and everything is left at its default settings. It works fine in 5.0. Please let me know if there is any other information that you would like me to let you have.

Eddie.

Igor

Video Builder 5.1 beta #2

In regards to my above post #8, the ( Save AS ) function works perfect.

Opened the saved .PTV file and my menu structure ( 3 x 2 ) 6 per page ( 3 pages ) ( 18 .avi's ) displayed as edited, including drop shadow effects.

Thank you.

Video Builder 5.1 beta #2

Created a .PTE file 3 images ( 1024 x 685 )- NO AUDIO

Opened - Video Builder 5.1 beta #2

Created .MPEG2 - 10.586 kb - get a weird click noise at start.

Beta_2_MPEG_sound_1.wav

Unless my system, can someone else verify.

---------------------------------------------------

ADDED:

Also seem to be having a problem with - Changing folder option, with only " Create MPEG2 File " checked.

Hour glass cursor just sits, need to shut down Video Builder

post-14-1193942263_thumb.jpg

Note:

Did get it working by checking the other boxes " Create DVD Folders " and " Create ISO Folders " then uncheking the same.

We're glad to present a new version of PicturesToExe.

Version 5.1 is an intermediate release and doesn't contain many new features. Our main efforts concentrated on future version 5.2 which in progress already at this time.

But I hope you will find useful new improvements of version 5.1

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1 Beta 2

What's new in version 5.1:

+ VideoBuilder:

> Encoding of DVD-Video disc (and AVI) works in 2-4 times faster now due to optimization for dual-core CPUs and using of hardware acceleration for video post-processing (if modern video card installed). Exactly same video quality as in previous version.

> You can choose a number of items per page in DVD menu.

> MPEG2 files can be added to a project. For example, you can encode your slideshow(s) to MPEG2 video file(s) and then use it again in new projects without re-encoding of it again.

> Music for DVD menu (with "Fade in" and "Fade out" parameters).

> Color adjusting of DVD menu (Hue, Saturation and Lightness). It allows very quickly modify a view of DVD menu and find your own individual style.

> Adjusting of a background image parameters (Tile, Stretch, Fit)

> Support of all kinds of AVI files imported to a project (including AVS video file scripts).

> A new tab in the Project options window - "Program" (customizing of priority mode for encoding and temp folder).

* More exact calculation of required disc space.

+ "Wait for a key press to show next slide" option in Project options available again. You can overwrite global value in a properties of a slide.

+ Adjusting of colors for Text/Button objects in hover and pressed states activated again.

+ PicturesToExe starts much faster now.

+ Timeline window remembers current position of a cursor and selected keypoint when you switch between Timeline window and main window of PicturesToExe.

+ Added support of multi-line default text comment for all slides (Project options | Comments tab).

+ Visual improvements in Music tab of Project options and Customize slide windows. You can visually re-arrange files in the playlist.

+ Slide list shows a hint what to do, when no slides added.

* Fixed bug with too large controls in Drop shadow dialog when 120 dpi graphics mode used.

Beta 2 (November 1st, 2007):

Changes in VideoBuilder:

p.s. new version 5.1 automatically installs to a separate folder and you can use both versions together - 5.0 and 5.1 Beta.

Problem with VideoBuilder Menu music.

Cannot add music to menu.

Background Image .jpg with buttons.

One Page No animation

Music selected for menu is 30 second .mp3.

Compilation O.K. until "Converting Menu to MPEG2"

Error Message: "File not found C:\ xxxxxx/Temp/Menu0.mpg"

In Temp file there are two relevant files; Menu0.wav and Menu0.m2v, no Menu0.mpg.

Compilation continues until Pop-Up "author.exe needs to close".

No problem on same project without music.

O/S Win XP.

Has anybody else had problems adding music to DVD menu?

Regards,

Limey.

There seems to be a problem with the new beta versions (1 & 2) when using Video Builder to create a DVD. When I get to the point of starting to create the DVD the program crashes. This happens whether I am using a menu or not. I am including just one slideshow and everything is left at its default settings. It works fine in 5.0. Please let me know if there is any other information that you would like me to letIou have.

Eddie.

i get strange gradations instead of images when using DVD builder beta 2 v5.0 is fine

P

Ray,

I just fixed bug "Show Music Duration". Thanks!

Limey,

We fixed all bugs in VideoBuilder you've discovered. Please wait for Beta 3 today later and

let me know about result.

Peter,

We sent you PM message with request for more details.

p.s. see my article "Some improvements in VideoBuilder 5.1, DVD menu":

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7555

Beta 3:

+ Updated language files.

> Changes in VideoBuilder:

* Fixed bug when "Burn ISO image" feature (Main menu | File) didn't worked in some cases.

* Fixed problem of version 5.1 Beta 1-2 with sound "click" at beginning of encoded slideshow in some cases.

* Fixed other problems.

Limey,

We fixed all bugs in VideoBuilder you've discovered. Please wait for Beta 3 today later and

let me know about result.

Igor,

Everything O.K. in Beta 3. Thanks.

Not a Bug, just an observation:- In VideoBuilder Menu, if "Menu Duration" only applies to "Animated" menu, should it be greyed out for non-Animated menu? I have noticed that if this box is selected (accident or default??) with non-Animated menu it will stop the music associated with the menu after 'x' seconds. (This may have been fixed in latest Beta).

Observation #2. With my DVD/TV player, if the menu music is allowed to end before a menu selection is made, the menu "freezes" until refreshed by the menu button on the remote control. Playing the DVD on the computer does not show this behaviour. Since Menu music will probably always be of short duration, could it be "Looped"?

Regards,

Limey.