WnSoft Forums

"3D software Box" photoshop action

thedom

A new photoshop action to create 3D software box with just 3 clicks : download it here.

TheDom-3Dbox-Big.jpg

The box is build from scratch and you can add whatever you want (text, images, symbols, etc...) at the end of the "2D" action before running the "3D" action.

I made this action with photoshop CS2.

Please let me know if it's compatible with your version of photoshop.

Thanks.

TheDom-3Dbox-Small.jpg

Hello to You

I am using Photoshop CS2 and have loaded the action I have it highlighted in 3D action. The side boxes are a red square and red tick and when I click on run tat the bottom there is no arrow but a round circle with a line through it. I changed the red boxes and tick to black and the same thing happens. It does not seem to be live. Can you advise please

Jean

Jean,

I don't understand what you're talking about.

At the end of the "2D" action, you should have an ORANGE rectangle, a white rectangle and a black rectangle.

What is this arrow you are waiting for ? :huh:

If you run the "2D" action and immediately after the "3D Box" action, what do you get at the end ?

Please post the result.

Thanks.

Guest Techman1

Dom,

Thanks for the 3D box action. You did a very good job in creating this and documenting the action as it runs. I wanted to let you know that it works without issue in Photoshop CS3 also.

Nice job!

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dom,

Just used your action in a recent show. I wanted to use it within PTE by copying the front of the book and then getting it to open to reveal a picture underneath.

I have managed to do this ok by cutting out the front of the boom in Photoshop and saving this as a separate png image. However when you apply the opening action within PTE, the perspective is wrong as the front cover opens as it is not possible to make one side of the front page image rhombus longer than the other. I think the only way to keep the perspective correct would be to make a series of images in Photoshop in which the shape is gradually changed and then using these separate images in PTE. What do you think? can you think of another way of doing it in PTE.

Regards

Hi Dom,

Just used your action in a recent show. I wanted to use it within PTE by copying the front of the book and then getting it to open to reveal a picture underneath.

I have managed to do this ok by cutting out the front of the boom in Photoshop and saving this as a separate png image. However when you apply the opening action within PTE, the perspective is wrong as the front cover opens as it is not possible to make one side of the front page image rhombus longer than the other. I think the only way to keep the perspective correct would be to make a series of images in Photoshop in which the shape is gradually changed and then using these separate images in PTE. What do you think? can you think of another way of doing it in PTE.

Regards

Hello Jeff,

Are you talking about the right thing here? As far as I can see 'The Box' does not have any pages.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes I know but you can artificially create a front page by selecting the front of the book in Photoshop, making this selection into a separate png image and then creating an action in PTE to open the front of the book.

Dom,

I will send you the pte file.

Hi Dom,

Here is the first image of my project using your 3D book action. You can see the front page opening but also see that the perspective is not maintained correctly. This is because you cannot alter the length of one side of a rectangle in the O&A editor without altering the other side to match. Any ideas?

Regards

Jeff

Paimpol_Sample_Jan15_2008_18_24_33.zip

• 2 weeks later...
I just found this action and I LOVE it! I've done boxes/boxshots in various ways, but this little gem rocks! Great work!

boxes.jpg

Hello Tina,

I am very impressed with the image you have posted showing 3 boxes. Did you use Dom's action to create this? I would love to see how you created this image, perhaps you would post you project (as a zipped template) or sent it to me via email here:

Yes I used the action.

Those are simply my own images created with my own photographs.

The 'Teaching The Arts' images was created a couple of years ago from several photographs and one stock image (the masks).

I simply dragged my own images into the orange layer (Which I filled with other colors).

I deleted the perspective shadow and reflection layers, then merged the rest, added a drop shadow all around the boxes, then dragged each 'box' into a new document.

• 8 months later...