WnSoft Forums

Create AVI

Jandis

Am I missing something when creating an AVI. For the first time I want to create an AVI video file that I can copy to my laptop and not burn to disk

The 5.0 manual states on page 75 "When the AVI file is completed, the following pop-up will offer a choice of running the file or not".

All I get is instruction on burning to disk - I have not selected any disc at the first stage, just "Create custom AVI video file is selected".

First of all you have to tick the 'Custom AVI'. Then on the screen via the 'Video codec' button select the software you want to use to watch it. Also select the 'Audio codec' appropriate option. The rest is easy !

It worked for me, good luck

SD

• 4 weeks later...
Am I missing something when creating an AVI. For the first time I want to create an AVI video file that I can copy to my laptop and not burn to disk

The 5.0 manual states on page 75 "When the AVI file is completed, the following pop-up will offer a choice of running the file or not".

All I get is instruction on burning to disk - I have not selected any disc at the first stage, just "Create custom AVI video file is selected".

Exact same problem here!

First of all you have to tick the 'Custom AVI'. Then on the screen via the 'Video codec' button select the software you want to use to watch it. Also select the 'Audio codec' appropriate option. The rest is easy !

It worked for me, good luck

SD

Problem is...we don't have that button in the V5.1!!! We have

this(see screen). So what and how?

post-5617-1200279913_thumb.jpg

Morgane,

Problem is...we don't have that button in the V5.1!!! We have

this(see screen). So what and how?

If your trying to create a Custom AVI ... the pop-up window you posted is correct.

-From that window you must select the Video Codec button.

-Now you must select a compatable video codec that is listed. Something like Mpeg4 codec or similar avi format.

-Then select Create AVI button

* You can not select PictureTo Exe Video Codec ... it is only for DVD Video production format.

PC Answers - Tutorials - Video codecs

http://www.pcanswers.co.uk/tutorials/defau...ubsectionid=744

Note:

-What ever video codec you select to create your custom avi ... that same codec must reside on other pcs your avi file is to be played on. The other pc must be able to decode the avi file.

- Not all video codecs you see listed in the selection window are able/compatable to create custom avi. The codecs listed are all the video codecs installed on your pc and serve other/specific needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Pte and Videos

My recent Post on the 'Main page' of the Forum, titled:- "PC Video Recorder"...

may help many of you in creating a fast Video-Recording directly from the

Pte.Exe File. with the conversion complications encountered with AVI Files.

Just a suggestion...

Brian.Conflow.