WnSoft Forums

"3D" scenery

thedom

This demo is an attempt to simulate a 3D animation with a work on depth sensation.

The effect is well known of the video software users like After Effects but I think PTE demonstrates it's ability too.

Download it here (1.53MB - 1 minute long)

TheDom-3DScenery-Small.jpg.

This demo is perfectly smooth on my pc (1 and a half years old) but it might take some time to load and/or will be jerky with old graphic cards because the whole animation of the ten pictures is in a single slide.

Comments welcome on the effect itself and/or how it runs on your pc.

Very nice effect Dominique. I think it is an appropriate technique for weddings, birthdays, family get-together, parties and so on.

On my system---

Win Xp SP2+

CPU Intel P4 2.27 GHz 8 kilobyte primary memory cache,

512 kilobyte secondary memory cache.

4096 Megabytes Installed Memory.

Nvidia GeForce FX5700 256 VRAM

VideoMode 1280 by 960 pixels, 75 Hertz.

DirectX 9.0c

there was a slight hesitation in only the occasional pan and/or zoom, (about halfway through the action).

This demo is perfectly smooth on my pc (1 and a half years old) but it might take some time to load and/or will be jerky with old graphic cards because the whole animation of the ten pictures is in a single slide.

Comments welcome on the effect itself and/or how it runs on your pc.

Works also perfectly smoothly on my old PC, except for the very last effect which is very discreetly stuttering.

AMD Athlon 1.01 GHZ

SDRAM 512 MB

NVIDIA GEFORCE 2MMX, 32MB Video memory

Direct X 9.0c

• 6 months later...

Thanks you for the compliments.

Tim, I initially made this animation for 10 pictures on a single slide.

I could make it for more. But I would have to rebuild the whole sequence from scratch to make it on several slides in order to be sure it would remain smooth.

Dick, Igor, thank you.

The photos I used in this presentation are pics I took last year for the wedding of my cousin (she is the bride).

Dick, if you are interested in seeing more pictures of this wedding, you can download this slideshow : http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=261

Pictures are presented like in a photo album.