PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.5 Release Candidate 5

Igor

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish there were a switch to have it "both" ways. when the timing is in minutes/seconds it makes it difficult to pick a point in your show in the timeline then duplicate that precise point for a keyframe in Objects and Animations. With the time in milliseconds, you can simply subtract the vaues to the left, add a keypoint to match the value on the timeline and have it precisely in the same place. With minutes and seconds it requires converting seconds and portions of seconds to milliseconds to achieve.

I see utility in both methods but we do loose some ease of precision with the new way.

Best regards,

Lin

IGOR,

Version 5.5 Beta 1 ~~~ stunning !!

You (and the team) have done a fantastic job (already).

I love the timing information being in minutes / seconds / etc instead of milliseconds only.

As for the rest of the improvements ~~~ absolutely superb !!

bjc

Peter, in the Timeline view try <CTRL+F11> to zoom in and <CTRL+F12> to zoom out.

Also you can use View>Timeline Options>Zoom In or Zoom Out.

Peter, in the Timeline view try <CTRL+F11> to zoom in and <CTRL+F12> to zoom out.

Also you can use View>Timeline Options>Zoom In or Zoom Out.

Many thanks.

That was quick!

Tried it but "ctrl + f11" didn't work! Couldn't find "View" - I must be thick !!!

And when I went back to 5.5 2, I wondered where 'insert new slide' had gone!

I'll get there if I ask enough questions.

Problem is - I may spend so much time working out new systems that there's not enough time left to make new Sequences! Never mind, my nine-year-old granddaughter will help me!

Peter

You will find View in the menu bar, between Slide and Help in the top left of the screen.

And when I went back to 5.5 2, I wondered where 'insert new slide' had gone!

Peter we don't need a button for this function now as we work on the timeline in the main screen we can just drag & drop the image from the file panel to the timeline, as we do when working with the slide list displayed.

One of the many excellent improvements gained with the timeline on the main screen.

We would all be lost without our grandchildren!!

Igor, when attaching Exif data (date, time, name, etc) to a slide with the comments field in 5.1 and previewing that image we could see the data. (see attached first screen-shot).

In 5.5 we only get the Exif parameter displayed. (see attached second screen-shot).

This is also the case when the image is displayed in the O&A screen.

It is the same as before, (OK), when the slideshow is previewed in full screen.

post-3194-1207874738_thumb.jpg

post-3194-1207874759_thumb.jpg

Wouldn't it be helpful to have in the O&A window an input field for the precise position of the blue cursor?

Best regards

Xaver H.

Munich

Hi Xaver,

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8218

I believe this is a must have and will boost up the power of the timeline. Lets hope Igor and others will see it too.

Kind regards.

André

This is a very good suggestion André, I hope it can be implemented. A toggle would be needed to turn the function on/off.

Hello André,

You made a valuable suggestion, but what I mean is slightly different. Assume that I have an object with 2 keypoints, and I want to place a 3rd one between the 2 existing ones. This new point inherits animation data from the existing points (some intermediate values). If I then place the new point after creation to its exact time, the existing animation will be modified in a way which I may not like. So I would like to enter the precise keypoint time in advance.

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

I have moved displaying of image pixel size to status bar in future Beta 3.

It's because preview window displays real slide (with objects) and image size over picture disturbs to work with mini-player.

post-1-1207909702_thumb.jpg

Peter,

Use Ctrl+Mouse wheel to zoom in/out Timeline, or Ctrl+F11/F12,

As John recommended use drag'n'drop to insert new slides to timeline. Or double click on any image in File list, or press "Add" Button.

John,

Igor, when attaching Exif data (date, time, name, etc) to a slide with the comments field in 5.1 and previewing that image we could see the data. (see attached first screen-shot).

In 5.5 we only get the Exif parameter displayed.

Please install Beta 2. It was a bug in Beta 1.

You will find View in the menu bar, between Slide and Help in the top left of the screen.

Peter we don't need a button for this function now as we work on the timeline in the main screen we can just drag & drop the image from the file panel to the timeline, as we do when working with the slide list displayed.

One of the many excellent improvements gained with the timeline on the main screen.

We would all be lost without our grandchildren!!

Yep! In more ways than one !!!!!!

Thanks for the help - now I don't have to wait for my nine-year-old !!!

It works!!!

Beta 3:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (5 MB)

+ Displaying of pixel size of main image has been moved to status bar.

+ Improvements in Objects and Animation window:

- Added "Cut" button to the top toolbar.

- Reworked view of Delete, Undo, Redo, Copy, Paste buttons.

* Fixed bug of previous betas with displaying of some images in "Original size" mode. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

* Fixed bug of previous betas when "Permit control of show using keyboard" option didn't work.

* Various small improvements in the main window.

Assume that I have an object with 2 keypoints, and I want to place a 3rd one between the 2 existing ones. This new point inherits animation data from the existing points (some intermediate values). If I then place the new point after creation to its exact time, the existing animation will be modified in a way which I may not like. So I would like to enter the precise keypoint time in advance.

Hi Xaver,

I do not understand this correctly I gues. Isn't it so that, when adding a new keypoint between 2 existing keypoints, this will only effect the existing animation if you want to change that same animation? For example: you have 2 keypoints which is a zoom-in. Creating a new keypoint between these 2 keypoint will only effect the zoom when this keypoint is used to modify the zoom. But when it is used to, for example, pan a bit, then the zoom effect is not modified?

Kind regards,

André

This is a very good suggestion André, I hope it can be implemented. A toggle would be needed to turn the function on/off.

Thanks John and Xaver. Lets hope there are more forummembers that agree with us, so Igor will puts this on his featurelist.

kind regards,

André

Hi Igor

I know you possibly realize this but just in case. When adding transitions "on the fly" in the timeline window, there is no update in the mini viewer window showing the new slides being added. It just shows the last slide that was on the timeline before you started adding new transitions. When you go back and play the timeline the slides do then show.

Regards

Hi Xaver,

I do not understand this correctly I guess. Isn't it so that, when adding a new keypoint between 2 existing keypoints, this will only effect the existing animation if you want to change that same animation? For example: you have 2 keypoints which is a zoom-in. Creating a new keypoint between these 2 keypoint will only effect the zoom when this keypoint is used to modify the zoom. But when it is used to, for example, pan a bit, then the zoom effect is not modified?

Hello André,

you are right, but ...

So let us consider your example: 2 given points for a linear zoom, and then a new one to be put in between, say for changing opacity. If you did not manage to place it exactly where you want to (using the mouse on the blue cursor), you may change its time via the keyboard after creation. But then the given zoom is no longer linear.

As a workaround one can manage the situation using a dummy object for which you create keypoints just for placing the blue cursor at particular positions.

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

Thanks Igor for all the great work, that you did over the years and still keep doing. I am very sorry that I am so quiet in the forum for some time now. I am extremely busy at work lately and in my spare time I am working on a few books about my other passion fly fishing and fly tying. I also have a huge delay in my picture work. Not in shooting my pictures but more in the edit work fom RAW to jpeg and psd or tiff. I still have 20.000 from Iceland and approx 30.000 from Canada that still are in RAW only. At least a nice job to start with after my books ready and when I am retired in about 3 years1 hihi

Thanks for everything.

Your old friend

Hans van Klinken from Holland

PS. it was soooooo good to see still several guys from the old days so active within this forum. I envy all of you and wish I had more time hihihihi

Thank You Igor for all your hard work with the new versions.

They are a great improvement on a wonderful product.

Like several others I like having the ability to add transitions "on the fly" so look forward to testing all the latest Betas when I have a little more time.

Greatly looking forward to welcoming you to England ... and Wales in the Summer!

With love to all,

Maureen

So let us consider your example: 2 given points for a linear zoom, and then a new one to be put in between, say for changing opacity. If you did not manage to place it exactly where you want to (using the mouse on the blue cursor), you may change its time via the keyboard after creation. But then the given zoom is no longer linear.

As a workaround one can manage the situation using a dummy object for which you create keypoints just for placing the blue cursor at particular positions.

Hi Xaver,

Now I understand what you mean. You are right, that is a problem. Well, reading all the wishes writen on this forum, Igor has a lot of decissions to make for further development of PtE. It will make programming much more complex for the team, but this will return in a piece of software that is outstanding!

But personaly I think there is a backside on the evolution of PtE too: PtE might get too complicated for many users and the accent might shift from high picture quality in favor of so many AV options. We already notice PtE needs a fairly good graphic card and some CPU-power. I wonder, how will PtE 6.X will look like?

Still I like the way PtE develops to a specific AV oriented piece of software and Igor and his team are doing a perfect job. Complements to them!

Kind regards,

André